Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
JuicedLink Little DARling recorder
  • 57 Replies sorted by
  • OK, well it's never been an issue for me in over 50 shoot days. Duck tape would add some security, but it's not required.

• OK, well it's never been an issue for me in over 50 shoot days. Duck tape would add some security, but it's not required.

I am all for your solution for beginner wedding guys as backup, your own non important videos or same home stuff. But you can't have it as lone audio otherwise.

Even worse that you can start to rely on it and one day just have all audio ruined.

• OK, well, I am just reporting my experience, and I consider it just as reliable as this Juicedlink with it's horrible UI, Sennheiser G3 radio mics which have died on me in the past, and even a Sound Devices 302 mixer that ruined my sound on one film. I would use RodeRec and iPhone for any number of professional situations. Is it a Zaxcom or Lectrosonics radio? No way, but it's incredibly reliable and good results audio for very little money. I'm happy to have a different perspective to you though.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Sometimes you shoot for a whole day and only get a small shoot. Also, I want a way to use my 50D - and I can only sync using clapper board and time of creation of file. So, I sync the times on recorder and camera, and thus match up shots. Finally, I sync using the sound and visual of clapper board.

• I just finished a day with it. Combined with the Countryman B2D with Sennheiser adapter, the sound is great, even with a lot of external noise, which will be handled with Spectralayers Pro.. The clip is a bitch to attach, so we just tucked it under the actor's rear waistband. The UI is primitive, so we ran the recorder for the full scene. We missed part of a scene working this way, because we missed the record indicator. It would be nice if playback were straightforward to start and stop. Synching was a breeze using camera audio and FCPX.

• Definitely works a charm so long as you use exact recommended cards. Had exact card but in 32GB version, but had irregular skips in audio tracks. Once I sourced the proper 16GB cards, I've had success with these on every shoot since (several dozen) syncing with scratch/reference tracks from various cameras.