Personal View site logo
2K BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera, active m43, $995
  • 4493 Replies sorted by
  • TrackZillas Heliopan Nd filter Thanks

• @TrackZillas Thanks for the info, I tried it and they're sending me one too

• @derek Really nice footage.. what ND filter did you use?

• lumix 20mm 1.7 and 25mm 0.95 Nd filter Variable

• @kingmixer I just called B&H and they are shipping me a free SanDisk 64GB memory card, because I just ordered a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera a week ago. To anybody that just ordered a Pocket Cinema Camera recently call B&H for your Free memory card promotion ends tomorrow..

• I'm on it @matt_gh2 can't miss on that one.

• @TrackZillas @kingmixer Not sure if you've already received your cameras, but you should call because you could in theory cancel order and re-order, or return and re-order. I think a lot of companies honor promotions for people who just missed the beginning of promo. It's a pretty sweet deal.

• @kingmixer Still thinking about that $100+ savings for that card.. Thinking about calling them and see if they can send me a free card never know.

• @TrackZillas The same f*@&ing thing happened to me! I got the two batteries, but just missed the nice 64gb card!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Man I can't believe I missed this offer by one week.. but on the positive side I still got two batteries for free. That 64GB card would of been lovely.

• BMPCC + New Leica Nocticron f1.2 Lens RAW Test Video in Very Low Light

f1.4, 800ISO.

AF, AE and OIS work on this lens with the BMPCC (the shakiness would have been much worse without OIS).

• @pop24 really cool video. Great job!

Were you handholding the camera?

• Thanks, with the new 0.58 Speedbooster on the Pocket you have really good low light possibilities. Colorgrading in Davinci Resolve is very easy and 12 bit RAW /13 Stops are a big features for a pocket camera.

• @pop24 Great looking video. Skin tones look pretty good, particularly at:04.

• @pop24, Man you are making my decision on a new camera really tough. That video looks great. I can't believe that's a Pocket in such tough lighting conditions. Really looks good. VIBRANT color and really clean image.

• Blackmagic Design Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Kit with good 64GB card abd two batteries at B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1026361-REG/blackmagic_design_pocket_cinema_camera_with.html

• i Shot this with the Blackmagic Pocket 12 Bit RAW. 0.58 Speedbosster and the Tokina 11-16mm. some shots with the Nikon Fisheye 10,5mm

• Has anyone seen a teardown of the Pocket, or something that shows the size & position of the internal board(s)?

• I second this, rather than a current model with Intel graphics go for a second hand or refurbished one with NVidia. Many editing and color grading software is relying on the GPU these days. Color correction will be no fun at all with Intel graphics and why own a camera with good DR if you can't color grade?

• @Sara1991 I don't have any experience with the entry level iMac you mentioned and am thus unable to give solid advice on the Iris Pro Graphics.

This article benchmarks Video Cards and shows that the Iris card is pretty much at the bottom of the heap for graphics performance. Davinci Resolve, if it runs at all, will have very poor performance. I would expect similar results with either Final Cut X or Premiere Pro. You might be able to mitigate this by using proxy edits as previously suggested, but you really should consider ordering the best graphics card you can afford because you cannot upgrade this on most Apple products any more. You can always add after market memory.

I hope this helps with your decision.

• @spacewig

My post was edited, not sure what to tell you man.

• Sorry for misunderstanding. I have no experience with this model in practice. If you're on budged I would consider the previous model with nVidia Graphics as refurbished over the Intel Graphics

• Seems my question is not hitting home. I already bought the camera, love the image and the workflow is simple with ProRes but I am using a very old apple laptop. So I want to know from someone who used it how the iris pro baseline iMac model is performing with ProRes HQ natively. Its a documentary I plan to shot none in RAW, ProRess is fine.

Scroll down, you will see the baseline model is now using iris pro. I want to know from someone who is actually using it.

http://store.apple.com/uk/buy-mac/imac

• @Sarah1991 maybe you think again about the choice of the camera for your task? You will find some other issues as audio, moire, powering the BMPCC, expensive fast SD cards, disk space and and a time consuming workflow too. With a C100 you have ND filters , XLR audio and beautiful colors out of the box. For a doku project I probably would prefer a GH3 over an RAW camera. If you are not an experienced film maker I'd highly recommend to go an easier way at the beginning than with a BMD raw camera. my 0,02$

• If you don't do multitrack it's OK for editing. Problem is color correction and running Resolve.

What do you mean by Iris? There are NVidia or AMD graphics.