Personal View site logo
GH4 wishlist
  • 90 Replies sorted by
  • 11-12 stops DR and I will be happy.

• I really, really, really wish for the Implementation of 3 extra modes:

A Sonic emofeedback camera will recognise your state of mind and when shooting stills or right after pausing the recording of a shot will immediately feedback you with sound and phrases; with (at least) 4k options, i.e.

• EGOTRIPPING - fart sound / 2 Hrs of Philip Blooms advices on any other camera / very laud scream of contempt / etc.
    • 50/50 - It's OK seen worst / Keep it as a hobby / sweet mother of jesus, have you seen that ass? / etc.
    • SUICIDAL - Oh God, oh God, oh God / You're the man!! / fssshh you're on fire baby!! / etc.
    • =(&%$¢∞@£‰¶£∞⁄•{‡ø9u÷{∏/&∞5!!!! Non stop ramdom Tourette mambojambo swearing

A Universe dematerialisation button, obviously with a warning message "Did you save your clips and close your zipper? This option is not undoable... as universe as we know it will no longer exist!"

An Alcoholometer with (at least) 4k submenus, examples

• no point in lying to me, I already know
    • no point in telling me the truth, I'm driving anyway
    • no point in telling me anything, I'm fucking this bitch (polizei)
    • your dragon breath has activated Universe dematerialisation option, thank you for using Pana(fart sound)sonic products
  • 4:2:2 8bit 1080p50 ALL-I @ 100-150mbps with reduced noise and dynamic range at 13 stops. Also peaking and zebras.

• @GeoffreyKenner If I were shooting Upstream Color 2: Electric Boogaloo, I would shoot it in 4K. It would yield a really cripsp 2K image.

• 4:2:2 or 4:4:4, 10bit or 12bit in 2K with mbs>100 is all I want. 4K can wait, there's no need to put it right now. Almost nobody owns a 4K TV and even Theater aren't all equipped with 4K projector. 4K sounds purely useless to have at the moment and is strictly for the very high end line of devices.

• This is a wish list, and not a "technically feasible" list, but here's what I'd like to have: a camera that creates both a 4K file and a 1920x1080 file of each take.

Why? I can't afford a computer that can edit 4K video. So, why not let me have a file I can edit? And when I do need a 4K master, I'd have my old footage ready to use.

In the meantime, I guess I could simply create 1920x1080 versions of the 4K files, and edit those. But this'd make it worthwhile to buy the camera now, and upgrade the computer later (instead of having to do it all at once).

• 5 axis inbody image stabilizer would be perfect

In body stabilizer will be disaster for such camera.

Sensor based stabilization prevents proper sensor cooling.

• 5 axis inbody image stabilizer would be perfect.... But 422, better evf and 120fps@hd as @nobbystalus states is essential.

• yup, screw 4K, I want what @nobbystylus asked for!

But still, even though I don't need 4K, is exciting to hear the GH4K will be out next month! :-D

• 422 10 bit, better EVF, up to 120fps in HD. Not much to ask.

• All I want is a GH3 that can shoot in 4K at 24p, and have the info on the LCD not disappear after a while.

• I think that in the request for this wish-list, less something very important: a better SEALING !!!! Is not acceptable that the flash trap and the SD Card trap don't have any protections !!!

• I think that the color shift is due to levels limit when starting video recording AVCHD. LCD shows full range but when starting video it shows limited range 16-235 and levels and even colors shift. Especially if you have something other than standard 0,0,0,0.

• I don't even care if they suck another life cycle out of the gh2 sensor, just make a body that can handle a proper cine lens without flexing all over the place. live hdmi out, 4:2:2 8bit is fine for my needs, If I want 10 bit, im going with sony anyways, they seem to get the big picture. AND FOR GOD SAKE, PLEASEEEE, PLEASEEEE, FIX THE F---ING COLOR SHIFT WHEN THE RECORD BUTTON IS PRESSED, my 1999 Panasonic pvdv710, didn't have a color shift, why in gods name in 2014 we cant get the same picture after we press record !!!!!! It might help to know what were going to get after we press record. How in their wacky mind it was ok to release a camera that changes what the image looks like after record is pressed. dahhhhh

• I pretty much want a C300 but better and M4/3.

• Ok I'll bite. I'd really love a custom sensor-windowing function. For example , a sensor window for s16, for reg 16, for s8. And then a custom setting where the profile could be set by the user. Get to work programmers ! And ....all of the above !

• My wishes for this camera are first and foremost, good sensor, multi aspect like in Gh2. Good moire control, decent DR. Good robust intra codec, prores 422 ideally. Weather proof, solid built. 4k is obviously something that is here, but I'd rather see 2k or 2.5k in a good robust package overall than supercompressed 4k. Flat log-like profile.

Custom settings or more presets for aspect ratio for video (1.33:1 e.g) is a dream isn't it?

• I'm dreaming of 10bit 422, a broadcast ready 50mbps codec like the canon xf305, with a 4k upgrade at some time in the future. It would be nice if the body only was under a grand gbp

• My hope for a future camera:

All features of a G6 and GH3 combined.

Plus....

1080P at 120fps

4:2:2

ProRes

Dual SD card slot that can be recorded to simultaneously (for a back up).

No time limit out of the box.

Both NTSC/PAL.

50 ISO.

1080 resolution screen.

Not quite as unrealistic all the wishes of the original poster.... but even so, I know I have no hope of seeing all these happen in the next GH release! Or even most of them.

But I can have fun dreaming anyway :-)

• 422 color sampling and 4 channel audio! maybe over aes/ebu or combined minijack plus the additional xlr plugs.

• an open sourced camera seems to be the go if you want it to use a similar app based eco system. the more i read your list the more i see it as just a personal preference list which is fair enough. the custom shutter speed per C setting would be something I would appreciate.

I'm with DrDave for a more useful wishlist for my intended use.

• My wish: 4K, H265, under a grand.

• No fours in G cameras by now.

Sorry, I just wanted to add this to my post. Don't get mad ;) My lack of time now does not represent my attitude to your reply :)

• @inqb8tr

Thank you very much. That is very important and relevant thing considering this topic. Are you disapointed if it still somehow will be GH4k. There are in Japan Playstation 4, Grand turismo 4, Nikon D4...

Have you nothing to say about my long reply explaining to you what you wondered? How polite is that?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions