Personal View site logo
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • Thx for the heads-up! BTW, did some more testing with the monitor this weekend and on a few occasions, the picture didn't come up again. But, it looks like he problem may be from the GH3. When I tried to power off the camera, it wouldn't power off and was locked up. I had to remove the battery to cycle it and that did restore the picture. This has happened several times now with the monitor attached so I wonder if it's a bug. Just a heads up to you guys.

• Guys, we have

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3743/-sony-np-fxxx-batteries-topic

So, I think it'll be best to focus batteries dicsussion in the place where it is easy to find

• @SuperSet That's perfect! Thanks for the information!

• For the price difference, i'll recommend the Sony one.

• @slacklaporte Do you recommend either of these? It looks like folks are happy with that Pearstone one so wanted to know your thoughts as well. Many thanks in advance.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352125-REG/Sony_NPF970.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/538838-REG/Pearstone__NP_F975_L_Series_Lithium_Ion_Battery.html

• The Sony originals one arent so expensives and last for long time.

• Ok, spent some more time with it today in cool conditions. The battery life was at most 2 hours with this 7200 mAH Sony NP-F960 battery replacement that I bought off eBay. Not sure if I should just pony up the dough and buy a real Sony battery to see if it makes any difference.

• Thanks @superset So now we know at its peak current draw the monitor will consume under 1.5A and with marginal consideration for tolerances probably no more than 1200mA. One can simply do the math to see aprox how far a given battery will take you.

• @adrianpardo Ah, found it, sorry that I missed it earlier. I have not tested this feature but here's what is mentioned in the manual:

• User defined image ratio OSD Use 'Aspect/EXIT' button to select 'USER' Mode, then press 'Menu' button for 3-5 seconds, you will enter the OSD as below:

Mode H-START (-186 - +270) H-SIZE (-270 - +270) V-START (-24 - +200) V-SIZE (-200 - +48)

• @SuperSet

It must be present in menu.
    It is just not called such as he said.

• @SuperSet Yup, thats too bad. Thanks for help.

• Dumb question but I couldn't find it in the manual. Does anyone know how to playback video when an external monitor is connected? When i go into Playback mode, the GH3 OLED says something about TV Playback and I see an image on the monitor. However, none of the buttons work on the GH3 to start playback.

• @adrianpardo I didn't see that option in the menu so sorry, not sure. There is an option for auto scaling that you can set to Full, 16:9, 4:3, Off.

@RomanLegion I'm only using a large capacity battery for the monitor. The attached unit to the camera's left is a DS214 pre-amp.

• @SuperSet what kind of power supply is that hooked up to your rig? Does it work well with both the GH2/GH3?

• Any chance in the future we might get a waveform version?

• To those who own this monitor I wanted to inquire how the "User-Defined Image Ratio ( H-Start / H-Size / V-Star / V-Size )" Works? Can you Squeeze image V-Height to 50% for 2x anamorphic monitoring? Thanks.

• @spacewig INPUT: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.6A OUTPUT: 12V 1500mA

• @superset What is the rating of the ac power adapter that comes with the monitor?

TIA

• @slacklaporte I was going to try calibrate it tonight but.. I had an unexplainable problem with it where the monitor came on but no picture was being sent from the GH3. I tried it on my other GH3 as well and same thing. Cycled power, tried system reset option, rechecked cabling and same issue. Then it started working again. I dunno man, not sure if I trust this unit yet. I noticed the GH3 OLED display was blinking a few times before it started working again so maybe the mini HDMI cable is bad. So, it's working now but I'm going to go out and buy another cable (this one was new as well) and see if that'll help.

• Hello Superset, did you acheive to get colors acceptable?

• That's a good idea so I sure will. Part of me thinks that the battery connector isn't made for high capacity batteries so the weight is too much. Thanks again for the deal alert, VK!

• @SuperSet

The battery compartment is not that secure and very easy to knock loose.

Can you make small video to show to manufacturer?

• The monitor came yesterday! So, first thoughts:

1. Ordered on 2 Jan and received yesterday so pretty quick shipping and good communication from Cole at Neway about status.
    2. This sucker is huge. I had second thoughts about getting the 5" version but all that real estate definitely helps getting proper focus. I don't think I could use a small OLED again. :)
    3. Still messing with the color calibration as it's still a little warm, compared to the OLED. Luckily, the menus can be found in English but you gotta find them first as it ships in Chinese. The manual helps.
    4. Bootup time was about 5-7 seconds before display.
    5. Clear resolution, especially as you increase sharpness. Very easy to tell what's in focus, even without the peaking option. I haven't used this in bright sunlight yet so maybe that's where it'll help.
    6. The battery compartment is not that secure and very easy to knock loose. I'm gonna tape it to help secure it. I bought the default F960 plate and an eBay high capacity F970 battery. I don't know if the included AC adapter also charges the battery.

That's it for now. Let me know if anyone has other questions.

P1000028-001.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 365K
    P1000029-001.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 428K
    P1000030-001.JPG
    1600 x 900 - 332K
  • Good to know. Thanks.