Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • what do you guys recommend for 5D mark 3 ?? Did some1 made some tests or its better to wait for new models to come out ?

What you mean? It is topic about specific monitor. As far as I know it has no problems with 5D Mk III and set of very good features.

• Is there any way to add a loupe/viewfinder to this to use it as an EVF?

• Hi luekio, i would say that its too big (7inch) to use like an EVF, but it does come with a decent enough hood for outdoor use.

• Is there any way to add a loupe/viewfinder to this to use it as an EVF?>

To a 7" monitor?

Yeah, sure there is. ; )

american-submarine-captain-peering-through-ship-s-periscope-searching-for-japanese-shipping.jpg
    473 x 473 - 61K
  • Yah, I figured it would be too big :P the hood is kinda flimsy and doesn't really handle outdoor so good though.

• I own this monitor since one year and can't belive to read here so much beefing about it. Despite the fact that it isn't a perfect monitor for any purpose (barely one is), it is usable under any field conditions that don't require an ultimate weather sealing. Great value for the $ and adjustable in so many ways.

• I've owned it for a year also, it's great! no complaints for price. I just want to make it more useable outdoors!

• Im looking to use this monitor for a helicopter monitor, and am wondering what rez would I get when plugging into the video input instead of the HDMI on the monitor. the video recever only has RCA out for monitoring.

• Just got a chance to hook this monitor up with a BMPC. The images look great! Much better than pairing with my GH2.

• My SDI version arrived today, works flawlessly with the BMCC! Great colours and user settings, just like the HDMI brother owned before (the reason of upgrading to this when I bought the BMCC).

Unfortunately it has spill along the edges, especially in the upper right corner. It's only really noticeable with very dark images. I don't think I will send it back, pay customs twice ain't no fun.

And I got it for focus pulling only, so no worries. And to bad it didn't come with a nice box like the HDMI version did.

• So far I am very pleased with this monitor. I've read now that most of you use a np f960 to power this buddy up. I am looking now at something smaller, the np f750 which Vitaliy mention somewhere at page 2. Has anyone experiences with these batteries? And did anyone have luck with thirdparty batteries, in particular with 750?

• http://www.ebay.de/itm/181127703010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I think this one would pretty much work with the GH2 and the Monitor..., I will test it and review how long the battery holds!

• They not have a Sony M plate option?

• They not have a Sony M plate option?

It is really rare for any monitor. usual option is bracket for Sony NP batteries as they are very easy to find, cheap and come at different sizes.

• Yeah i know... Marshall have and others... i have two big original and new of that batteries!

• I'm debating between this Neway SDI version and the iKan D5 SDI version. The ikan is around $100 more and the screen is smaller, but I wonder which one best suites the BMCC. If when shooting ProRes, focus peaking doesn't come through well, that would be a huge issue for me.

Has anyone used both this and the ikan? Any comparisons / insight between the 2?

• If you want peaking over a coloured image then you won't like the neway as it goes black and white with red outline. I find with the 7" HD image I really don't use peaking as I trust my eyes and peaking can be fooled by edges with reflection.

• Anyone used this on the 70d? worked great on my GH2 but no matter what settings I do on the 70d I cant seem to get the feed full screen on the monitor, there is always some black bars....

• @luekio

Can you make video? Also check manual adjustment (see start of the topic).

• I managed to get it working, I didn't know how to do the manual adjustment like that. Thanks for the tip!

• hi guys, I just ordered the CL76HO-X. Any advice on batteries? How long do the F550 and F750 last with the monitor? The others are too big in size for me. Will compatible ones do? I don't see original Sony ones anywhere...

• @olli66 Thats a good question. I have both in front of me. If I remember tonight I will do a battery life test.

• Does this have any lag with the GH3? I had another cheap monitor that I got for the GH3 and it would lag when switching shutter speed, aperature, etc.

• guys, I receive my CL76HO-X today It was immediately shipped and the tracking showed it was still in Hong Kong yesterday and today at my door no problem with taxes, everythign declared properly and I paid taxes at the door I tried the monitor and I like it. But I cannot compare it to any other unit since I am new to this and have never seen another field monitor. But for me a natural picture is important and it seems the monitor can deliver this. I have a Panasonic plasma TV calibrated by a pro for the most accurate colors. I have the ultra shiny colors you see on TVs to make people say WOW. You know what I mean...I like it natural. Any tips on calibrating this monitor? Any firmware updates for it? Thanks again Vitaly for the great service.

• I bought this monitor and it is amazing. The light leak is not noticeable when filming. It needs to be adjusted a bit form the factory settings. Really like this monitor. When using on 5D mk2 it takes 6 seconds when you press the record button on 5D because of the changing from 720p to 480p. Could this be resolved somehow? Also I didn't figured out how to stretch the image all over the monitor while maintaining 1:1 aspect ratio. It shows black border around image. Very happy with this monitor.

PS.: What s the Tally for?