Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • My 19 december preordered gh3 changed status . Amazon says they will Delivery the camera in 22 january !!!just got an email from them...

• Bought from Kenmore today. Called them directly and ordered through their site. They also have the gh3 batteries in stock.

Great customer service!

• Kenmore just announced more stock in of GH3.

• Ordered from Adorama January 7th. Called yesterday, she claimed it's still a pre-order item. Anyone have info on this or reasonable time expectations from Adorama? I chose them because they seemed to have the most reasonable warranty plan.

• I got tired of checking online with all the usual suspects (bh, adorama, panny, amazon, etc...) and started calling smaller shops that carried Panasonic. Found one after only calling 4 shops! (they only had one). If you're needing one quick, I'd just pick up the phone...

• The only store that doesnt accept International Card is the only one that has the camera available...go figure...

• Its a sad day he he. The Sammy wont send my GH3 . They dont ship to hotels . I contacted them . They will cancel my order . So , I hope Amazon can get a couple of GH3 to deliver , otherwise I ll come back to Brazil without my camera ...

• either way, @driftwood or @vitality_kiselev needs to jump on this ASAP I'm wanting to see this beast full throttle.

first off out of the gate, lets just get the senda version of gh3 going ; ) 500mbs lol

• @kupchenpo - Samys stock seems to be truely variable, but it's not stuck at 4. During the last 2 hours it went from 4 to "in stock" to 6 to 5 to 4 and now they again just say "in stock" - probably more than 6.

• I think they honestly do get a steady flow of them from time to time. Even if it's like 10 at a time or whatever. But like I said, out of everybody they are on top of it somehow.

• @GravitateMediaGroup I ordered online. I'm super happy to get one from them. They're a great shop. I used to rent lights from them from time to time when I worked in LA. I just don't understand their never ending 4 left in stock.

• @kupchenpo

did you call or order online? Out of everybody, samy's has been on top of things with getting the gh3. even more so than panasonic US website. lol

• +1 on Samy's purchase....still says they have 4 left. Seems that they either have a poorly kept site or they're saying they have less then they do to urge people to buy. Oh well, I'm just happy to find one.

• The local Yodobashi has had them now for two or three weeks. They have also been popping up one at a time on local auction sites here in Japan. I played with the one at Yodobashi a bit, but it was a sunday, so it was a madhouse. I will go back and play on a weekday.

• Just ordered. Now only 5 in stock. Canceling my Amazon order.

• I hate you Henry - I was following this camera closely, not sure whether I should buy it (or any camera - I'm new to video), but saw your comment, went to Samy's site, said yes without much thinking and bought it.

P.S. Samy's lists now 6 in stock.

• Well...one less...just ordered mine...gonna cancel my amazon order...

• gh.jpg
    457 x 242 - 33K
  • ** UK Update **

Panasonic Elgin, Scotland selling GH3 + 12-35 X Kit for £1799 - www.geddesandmellis.co.uk

I have asked for a quote from virtually every Panny store and that is the cheapest.

• @timfrakes

I wouldn't expect any kind of "online notification" If you want one, you need to call them everyday or every other day.
    I called (the phone number on the website is for the warehouse) and they said one of our store locations has 1 in stock, and another store location has 3. (this was a week ago) I asked if they would be kind enough to get one from a store location and ship it to me, and he said he would try his best. Next business day (because I ordered Friday) it was shipped to me. Overnight from Cali to me was $30, so I was more than willing to rush ship at that cost lol But like I said, do NOT expect the be notified online because sometimes the store locations get them directly and the store locations camera stock is not the same as what is on the website. Also, from what I can tell, Samys and amazon have been getting them more frequently than anybody else.

• One GH3 left in Brighton Panasonic Store at £1149.

• @fahrenheit

It just means that GH3 is native brother of GH1 and GH2. :-) All the same.

• @timfrakes B&H updated their expected availability date to 30 Jan a few days ago. I checked back a day later and it was again removed. What this means is anyone's guess though.

• @GravitateMediaGroup Thanks for the input. I signed up for a Sammy's account and put a watch notice for a GH3 when it's in stock. It's funny, I would be happy to wait for B&H if they would simply give me an idea as to how long this is going to take. Sadly, all I get is a stone wall.