Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 ordering and availability topic
  • 239 Replies sorted by
  • First ones arrived in Finland yesterday. Just picked mine. Price was 1190€ body only. Totally different camera compared to hacked gh1! (I skipped gh2).

• You guys from USA and Europe are the lucky ones ! Me and my pals in Brazil would not ever see the GH3 selling officially here . But , I am heading to USA in 23, january . So I ask you ...Do you think GH3 will be sold out and if so , when can I expect to have it available again ?

If I decide not to gamble with Panasonic stores in USA I can pay for a service to keep my "package"untill I arrive ( U$ 40 fee ) ...but ...I ask too...any of you has placed an order in Amazon recently (after 5 December ) and received the camera ? I wish to know if Amazon is delivering those "new" preorders .

As I told , I ll be in USA from 23, January to 07, February . Would be great not taking my GH1 and make new pictures and movies using my new GH3 at Disney .

What do think guys ? Should I order it now , pay for this "service" in Orlando to store my package or by the time I arrive I ll have plenty of GH3 on the shelves ?

Thanks... labalbi Rio , Brazil...

• Does anyone have any idea when Adorama will get their next shipment? I ordered 2 weeks ago and need this thing for a shoot in late Jan.

• For anyone in the UK looking for a cheaper GH3.. I have been tempted but not at twice/thrice the US price.. Anyway.. There is a deal for kits both the 14-140 and the 12-35 if you are a member of the lumix lifestyle site and already have a m43 body, you can go through the offers link and email them to request a 30% discount, there are limited numbers and there are no body only deals left, but there is also 30% off spare batteries :) 1 per customer.

So looking at the 14-140 kit, as I'd like the wifi zoom function and IS and looking at the 14-140 lens price, this deal could bring in the GH3 for around £490 rather than £1600! A little mathematical shenanigans involved, but we all justify our purchases in our own ways..

I think the wifi, hdr for astro and timelapse options are enough for me to part with £490, but I will hold fire till ND & SS report their video findings this week :)

• @matthere Very good for you, at least it's shipping there, unlike my B&H preorder :'D By the way, the 14-140mm has no zoom motor, you would have to look at the 14-42 X and 45-175 X for motorized zoom.

• @matthere your mathematic is very hmm Humanistic but wrong. Be careful..

• @Arquer053 Thanks for the info :)

@konjow I was looking at prices for the 14-140 on amazon (good returns policy rather than ebay) the 14-140mm is £550, can pick up the GH3 kit for £1499, 1499 x 0.7 =1049 take off the £550 for 14-140 = £499... (I know it's not pure maths).

I could get the 14-140 elsewhere, but I have considered picking it up before.. anyway I am greatful for the input.. I haven't pushed the button yet, but wanted to share the love of a reasonable deal, as the last few weeks of staring at UK prices have got me down a bit!

• Well...a half a hour ago there was 1 GH3 unit in stock , normal price, in Amazon via affiliate . I did not buy ´cos I wont be in USA until 23 , January and I am afraid they wont accept the return (if needed ) after so long (40 days). The hotel can hold the package but without proper testing I was afraid ...and my GH1 bought just after release broken after 20 days . Maybe Panasonic need time to adjust the line ...I dont know ...

What do guys think ? If I have the opportunity to buy the camera would be unwise to test it only in later January? Any good camera seller would receive the camera back if I return it by the end of January ? I mean , IF I get the camera in the next few days ...

• DRIFTWOOD DEAL FOR UK SOUTH EAST GH3 WANNABUYS

People in the South East of UK, Ive negotiated a deal with the Brighton Store to knock off £50 from a GH3 body or with lens pack. Go into the store and tell the assistants (or ask for Dave the manager) and say 'Nick Driftwood' and they'll give you the discount. They have a couple of 'body onlys' left and one '12-35 + GH3 Lens' pack. Its not much but its something! Its the cheapest price in the UK now!

• @tenjin Ask Panasonic in your country (CH?) if they have european centre for manuals exchange existing. Nikon has such service, for Europe it is in Irland, one can send there unused original manual in just any language and wish any other printed language to be returned, it works quite fast.

• P-V mates from UK, why anybody buys the GH3 in UK? Aren't prices in Germany much lower? Most of german sellers are very reliable, post inside EU works quite good also. Warranty 2 years. No extra VAT to be paid.

• @tetakpatak Still looking for a nice German shop with english translation that I can order from. Anything to suggest?!

• @MinorHD:

I´m German. I bought mine at http://www.fotoversand24.de/fotoversand24.htm?pid=6956&tid=shop/5&aid=42 Very fast delivery, only one day.

• Is it sold anywhere in the US at the moment, NewYork possibly?

• I bought mine in Spain last week by 1050€ taxes and shipping included within Spain here:

http://www.fotocasion.es/articulos/cuerpo-panasonic-gh3/36415/

• wow...nice price in Spain!

• any news in the US ?

• @labalbi

It is out of stock still.

• Ordered from Amazon mid September and just got confirmation of shipment 2 days ago. Excited to finally get my hands on it.

• How long do you guys think the backorder for the GH3 is? I ordered mine from Adorama at the beginning of December and desperately need it for a shoot on the 21st.

• I ordered 2 GH3s form Hunt's Photo & Video the second week of the December and received one in less than a week and the second a couple days later. I didn't realize they were hard to get.

• Panasonic's website shows January 28th as the next ship date, if you buy it through their site. http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-GH3KBODY

Screen shot 2013-01-03 at 20.52.42.jpg
    201 x 67 - 12K
  • I just did a web search for "primotronix" & visited their website - I wouldn't shop there based on the feedback from people who've shopped there.

Screen shot 2013-01-04 at 00.49.45.jpg
    554 x 407 - 102K
  • @abraham1307 @Henry

I contacted them earlier today, they don't have it in stock