Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool 3.61d topic
  • 352 Replies sorted by
  • Just a quickie before I patch - does the FM upgrade reset your settings?
  • @Vitally_Kiselev
    Yea, reducing quality... but improving the "look" for us picky cinema junkies. ;)

I'll keep it to the other forum, as not to confuse people...
  • so the reccommend settings were just to change the bitrate to 42?
  • Transcend class 10 32GB
    Sandisk extreme pro 16 GB 45mb/s

recommended settings:

FSH: Freeze on high detailed scenes
    FH: Everything goes fine
    24: Everything goes fine

I think both cards should be able to shoot 42 Mbit without problems.
  • Will the original firmware 24 H/L still be intact after the hack? Can I choose to shoot between 24H/L and the new hack 42 FSH/FH.
  • @PixCanFly The firmware is only changed if YOU enable the changes!
  • @Angry_C

You can try to play with video buffer. It defaults at 0x3000000 with bitrate patch active.
    You can set it slightly higher. Ideally it must be at 0x4400000, but camera hangs if I remember correctly.
    Other option is to play with other new settings in testers section.

• Combined 1080p 30 (80%) at 44mb and SH 720p at 48mb
  • Using the recommended high bitrate settings I'm getting a message saying motion recording has been cancelled because the camera could not write to the card fast enough - or something to that effect on SH 720p60. To get this error I'm focusing on and shooting the grilles of my speakers and the screens in my windows.

I can shoot normal scenes with 720p60 ok, but the screens/grilles with lots of detail everywhere kill it. I tried reducing the bitrate for SH down to 24 and I still got the "recording cancelled because card too slow" message.

I'm using a Patriot LX series 32GB class 10 SDHC card. Maybe this SD card is just crap? What are you guys using?

1080p30 (the 80% mode) usually works though when shooting the same thing.

BTW - when you guys say a "freeze" does that mean the camera locks up, or are you referring to the above message from the camera?
  • So I can't seem to find these new "recommend Settings" for the new ptools release? A link please?
  • they are in Ptool - click the name of each patch and a little window pops up to the side :)
  • @Chrispy
    Chrispy from MediaV?
  • Did some testing and compared 24p/42mbps to the factory set 24p/16mbps. The average bit rate is doubled, but the footage is not improved at all. I was amazed to see that it is even worse (compared with the factory set 24L setting). Made some 200% crobs and the 42mbps footage is always slightly worse.

Here some examples:
    16mbps: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/116mbpsaqs3r0vd71.jpg
    42mbps: http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/142mbpsh6ep3s7fdk.jpg

16mbps: http://img4.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/16mbpscepbsq3u1o.jpg
    42mbps: http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/42mbps5ja7udvtsh.jpg
  • @dreamer

First, why compare it to 16Mbps setting?
    Second, it is impossible to say anything from your crops or resizes of weird size, and do not use jpegs for them next time.
    Thirs, I do not see any Streamparser screnshots.
  • Whoever said the meaning of life is 42 was wrong. It is actually 32. Well at least that is the magic number that stops the 1st second of video from messing up. If you enter 32000000 for Video Bit rate FSH/FH and Video bit rate 24H you will get the maximum default bit rate that is possible.

I suspect it has something to do with the buffer being set to 30 by default. Vitaliy, do the bit rate settings change the buffer settings behind the scenes? I am going to try raising the buffer and bit rate above 30 now and see if that helps.

It is important to remember that just trying for the highest bit rate possible is not going to get us anywhere. We need everyone to systematically test one variable at a time. Make a change to one setting and test what happens. If it messes things up then see if a different value for that one setting fixes it. Systematic testing like this will get us to the promised land much sooner than everyone saying "I got XXX bit rate to record a partially jumbled picture".
    720p Stable.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 402K
    1080p Stable.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 381K
  • @dreamer

I see no difference in those pictures at all.
  • First I frame on your screenshots is anyway very compressed, as well as few frames in first GOP.
  • @Vitaliy

Yes it is compressed. However, it is the highest setting I could use without the affects showing up in playback on the cameras LCD screen. The time for that "Low Bit rate" is very short so it should be acceptable for most people.

My goal right now is to get stable high bit rate video. I think it is important to get it stable at its limit first and then find out what you can do to get it to push past those limits.
  • @mpgxsvcd

Better tell me exact top bitrate number that do not result in very low bitrate.
    Using binary search technique.
  • Adjusting Buffer up to 36 still had the artifacts in 24p with a bit rate of 34. It also caused the camera to crash in 720p mode.

I am sticking with 32000000 as the best bit rate for now. I also found that if you increase the bit rate for the Low settings it will cause the camera to record a very low bit rate video occasionally.

For now just too simple changes can increase the bit rate significantly and still provide very stable video. 32000000 is the answer for now.
  • @PixCanFly
    No not from MediaV
    @arvidtp
    Yes...Thanks for the reminder
  • @Vitaliy

Do you really want me to stay up all night? It is 2:06 AM here already. What time is it where you are?
  • @mpgxsccd that is nothing I am up at 8.30am! Ignite your passion dude!
  • So here is my best effort at it. These are all stable with no problems playing back or having to record 1080p first. The Low settings are the stock low settings for comparison. I really couldn't tell a difference for the 1080p @ 24 FPS for low vs. high. However, the 1080i and 720p screen shots showed some differences. I will shoot some leaves with it tomorrow. I am tired. I am going to bed.
    720p 60 FPS High.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 413K
    720p 60 FPS Low.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 403K
    1080i High.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 418K
    1080i Low.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 412K
    1080p 24 FPS High.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 373K
    1080p 24 FPS Low.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 368K