Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PTool 3.61d topic
  • 352 Replies sorted by
  • @mpgxsvcd:

42 mb/s in endusers section or in testers section?
  • 60 mb/sec didn't work. I tried it with the buffer set to 60 and without any changes to buffer. Frozen camera and garbage respectively.
  • Vitaliy, the first GOP is always corrupt. How to fix it?
    Screen shot 2011-07-18 at 11.32.44 PM.png
    1293 x 681 - 86K
  • @Angry_C

endusers for now. Basically Vitaliy's recommended user settings work very well out of the box.
  • @Aleksandr

I think that is for us to find out. If Vitaliy knew the answer I am sure he would have fixed it in the first release.
  • Was the low bitrate option set to 35? And encoder setting 1 set to 3?
  • @Vitaliy, the first GOP is always corrupt. How to fix it?

First, they are not currupt. They have low bitrate.
    Second, right now I don't know.
  • Is 1080/24p with a higher bit rate like 42mb/s stable enough?
  • @mpgxsvcd:

Oh, that`s wonderful. your 720p grab looks very good imho.
    I Hope that switching first 1080p before recording 720p is history?
  • @Sage
    Just look at the hints and set recommended setings, do not touch any testers stuff.
  • First attempt to high the bitrate of 720p50:
    - 30 min
    pal/Ntsc
    SH bitrate 35000
    Gop size 21
    Bottom 20.000

Everything seems ok in a medium detailed scene with low light at 1600 iso.

A little higher bitrate:
    gop 15
    Bottom 30000

Here the bottom is still around 20000 maybe because the scene is too simple and static. Then i moved to another subject (not as complex as a garden with grass or trees but with a good amount of detail... here is night time!).

• Well done, thank you VK.

Will be posting some videos very soon ...
  • Right... the screenshots...
    stream2.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 263K
    Stream3.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 229K
    stream4.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 260K
  • @Elenion

Any attempt to advise GOP changes in this topic and I'll delete post.
    Go to proper topic for this -http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/335/ptool-3.61d-gh2-avchd-encoder-settings#Item_163

• It´s time to say: "Thanks a lot Vitaliy!" Just donated...
  • @Elenion:

You don´t need trees or grass. Just record your monitor screen with exact focus. The "aliasing" will push the bitrate very high.
  • I'm not advising! I'm just trying settings, and gop lenght is under endusers section. But ok i'll post my new tests in the other topic thanks Vitalyi!
  • @Aleksandr_Oleynik, the first GOP is always corrupt. How to fix it?

@Vitaliy, First, they are not currupt. They have low bitrate.
    @Aleksandr_Oleynik, Yes, you're right! They have low bitrate.

@VitaliySecond, right now I don't know.
    @Aleksandr_Oleynik, And so it is now only exeperimental?
  • @Aleksandr_Oleynik

That is all this dialog in your post?

It is not experimental, it is working and stable.
    If you badly need this first second, sit and wait until we'll understand why this happens :-)
  • Any advice for mac users?
    I can't get it going!
    The ptool works, i think as I can save a file, but GH2 will not recognize it.
    I always get error message.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Is Wine reliable?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev, If you badly need this first second, sit and wait until we'll understand why this happens :-)
    OK, I am sit and wait until yuo understand why this happens :-) I can help just click - Buy Now.
    ... Thank you for your work!
  • Awesome. works fantastic with recommended settings

I'm uploading samples I shot in anamorphic which average around 43mb per shot. Basically the same shots I took before at 720p.

Click Original Quality for best stream
    1080p.jpg
    1300 x 685 - 274K
  • @Blowup, PTool on Mac works for me running CrossOver. Not free, but lets you open the .exe without having to emulate an entire Windows environment like in VMWare or Parallels.
  • @Blowup
    I'm forced to use a MacBook Pro for the last few weeks and PTool+Wine works fine for me. I've used PTool to create firmware for both my TS7 and GH2 without any issue.
  • Hi, just donated and signed up. Anyone have any raw footage of 42 Mbps 1080 24p? Would love to see the "blip" before I hack. Great work here.
    Shawn
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions