Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • BEGGINER QUESTION , WHICH ONE HAS THE BEST DINAMIC RANGE AT 1080P OR 2K??? AND WHICH ONE HAS THE LARGEST STABLE BITRATE?? THANKS !

• Shot this with the GH2 Mysteron, Quantum 9b, and Kit Lens

• What is the best 720p mode settings at the moment? It seems like the CM series is consistently giving me high i frames no matter the detail but skinny p and b frames, whiles the cluster series is consistently giving me about half of the i frame size equivalent of the CM series but much fatter p and b frames.

The ideal thing to have would be something in between these 2 extremes.

CM night 720 60p.PNG
    1294 x 679 - 110K
    Cluster V6 nebular 720 60p.PNG
    1292 x 680 - 119K
  • what I see the Nebular Cluster V6 is worse than Sedna AQ20 A. .. but I think the V6 cluster, may be the only one to have a good quality in all modes.

My question is between the cluster and Nebular Drewnet V6, which version is best for 24p, for I see that the flow rate is lower on the Nebular but it does not necessarily mean that it is not so good?

Drewnet ..? Nebular ...?

my favorite remains 24p CN Majoris Night: D when a version of CM Night + v6 cluster to 720p and HBR. :D

• @Zaven13 Sad ! in 45min no one enters the car park ! no big deals in the mall

• @robbie75vr stunning work. Really great control and cinematic moves. Also the pictures look fantastic

• @davidhjlindberg great example works amazingly well. Fantastic tip makes the footage look unbelievable

• @Mirrorkisser: Thanks for your comments ;-)

• @gsoberg Ciao Greg, while the earthquake video is made with sedna q20, Autunno is made with original 1.1 firmware with bitrate increased manually to 44 with pttools, color mode Nature -2 -2 0 -2, cinema 24p, exposure manual, WB manual K°, set scene by scene, color corrected and graded in FCPX, transcoded in FCPX. Invest your time in piloting... that gives much better results imho. Hope that helped.

• @splendidd: i liked your stuff. Very nice. In my opinion you just perhaps overdid it a bit with the movement of the camera. those camera moves or for ex anamorphic lenses, shallow depth of field are all very en vogue now, but people overdo it in my opinion plus it makes a lot of stuff look to similar.

• @Zaven13 don't be silly. You are supposed to watch it on acid ;)

• @kingmixer. I am confused. What was the point of uploading 43 minutes of video showing the same spot in the parking lot and the road at regular speed? Were you trying to do a timelapse by any chance?

• robbie75vr, I've been flying RC helicopter for quite awhile and have gone through different versions of tryin to get the best recordings possible. I am new to the GH2/ GH2 hacking world. I've been lurking here for quite awhile on this forum. Don't need, don't care to try to understand it all. I just want to adobt best practices from another (you) then go and do a mountain of testing. Cut to the chase sort of thing. I've been watching what you've been posting, particularly your Autunno clip. Still not clear on a few things. Could you help a fellow AV'er out?

On the Autunno clip, where you utilizing the Sedna Q20 hack or something else?

If Sedna where you utilizing Cinema 24p orMovie manual mode?

If Cinema 24P? What Film Mode, standard, nature, etc.? Exposure Mode P (program AE), A (aperture priority mode), S (shutter priority mode, M (Manual exposure)? ISO, IR on/off, etc...

Movie Manual Mode? 720p? Exposure mode? and the rest from above...

If you were not using the Sedna, then what? Settings???

This would save me a ton of head scratching, confusion and frustration (probably what you've already been through). : ) I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you, Greg

• it finally uploaded:

• @leejb4 Jesus Christ. What the hell?

• @davidhjlindberg The effect is very good David but you use the terms... some strong sharpen but with really big radius ... Unsharp Mask effect and made the radius smaller....

Could you be a little more specific as far as radius size?

• RE: mega flare video above.... the soundtrack was well suited to the content. A small investment in special effects (i.e. a bottle of ketchup) wouldn't have hurt.

• Nothing to boast about, but still proud :) Take a look Orion v4b

• Cluster 5.1 720 60p 1/500 shutter Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye Quikly graded in bridge.

This is my favorite setting for 720 60p to date.

P1000981Edit.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 949K
  • Besides, I like to know the difference between the "Canis Majoris night" and "canis Night / cluster4" they look the same at first glance, that question changes exactly? 24p is more accurate on the night canis / cluster?

Thank you to you for your answers;)

By the way: cluster v6 run without problem, c is just playing on my card via the GH2 poses problem but once installed on the PC, no worries;)

• @driftwood. Crossfire variation 3 (CM Night/Cluster V4) is a great setting with great image quality and high bitrates. The only glitch is that FSH/FH both record at the same bitrate of 70-80 mbs. Both FSH/FH cause write errors but I would have expected that the FH would record in lower bitrate and provide a reasonable alternative to FSH. Any explanation for why FH records as high as FSH?

• Data point: Cluster v6 DREWnet spans like a mufuk on a Transcend 64GB Class 10 SDXC. Done. DREWnet + Smooth = new default. Thanks Nick et al. Amazing stuff.

• Hi Guys,

First post here ;-) I made 2 small films for my mom, from my mom's garden. I used a Canon 7D for the Jib Crane shots, everything else is done with a hacked GH2 with the Quantum 9b patch. I already installed the Cluster 6 "drewnet" and will be testing it shortly. I would like to thank Vitaly and Driftwood for their amazing work of making this little cam so special, and also Drew from the drewnetwork who has convinced me of buying and hacking the GH2 :D Obviously i am just a beginner and have a lot to learn (like shooting in a higer framerate when using a crane...) I would like to know if you guys think i am pointing in the right direction... Maybe this is not the place to post this, but it contains a driftwood patch ;-)

Cheers,

Rob

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions