Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Settings, Series 5: Cluster v6 ULTRA RELIABLE, Mysteron, Crossfire, Quantum 9B, Sedna...
  • 1029 Replies sorted by
  • @zaven13 cheers just had a look at cluster v3 again and your right, this patch seems to be well suited for a merger with timebuster :-) going to load that up and see what i come up with :-) What about Cluster v4? i'm pretty sure it will work with Cluster v4 (12/15 GOP) just wondering if it would work with The ALL 6 GOP setting?

• @Diffusion33. If you like Sedna, then I suggest you go with Cluster v3 which uses Sedna matrix. I have been using it and happy with the quality.

• Hi, i would like to marry or merge duratix timebuster with one of nick's patches and i'm not sure which one would be best for that. I shoot 24p and want to keep that setting as intact as possible. so will go for the HBR version of duratix patch. Any suggestions? I'm thinking cluster but which one? So far i've been shooting sedna and it as been a real joy. I haven't used any other patches so far. at the moment i only have two memory card i suppose i could alternate between the two but it would be nice to make a merge if possible.

• @DeshonDixon go to obscura thread he has 2 threads for Panasonic matrix aq4 q8 161mbit CBR kayser and Sedna A matrix aq4 161mbit CBR kayser. I patched my cam last night with sedna A aq4 161mbit CBR It works great lets see abt the results

• @MartinD @rajamalik Oh yeah I know that I was talking about @obscura 's hack. But never mind thanks anyways!

• its in page 1 of this thread @DeshonDixon

• @DeShonDixon I believe all settings/hacks were posted back on June 2nd ...the start of this thread. You should see all of the settings/hacks posted by driftwood. There are two for the Quantum 9b ...the second one is the upgraded version of Quantum 9b. Hope this helps.

This link might get you there: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3454/driftwood-quantum-x-settings-series-5-cluster-v4-mysteron-crossfire-quantum-9b-sedna-etc.../p6

Just keep scrolling through all of the posts from "June 2" ...you'll find the settings/hacks.

• @rajamalik Where do I find those hacks at?

• @DeshonDixon i didnt used any special grading other than fcpx default color correction tool. Quantum v9b sedna Matrix is so good. i am at present testing up all new sedna A AQ4 161mbit cbr extreme kayser from @obscura.

• @rajamalik Nice and sharp! Now I might go and try this hack out.

• @strancali @thepalalias @driftwood @obscura @MisterBink @xp50

New Quantum v9b Sedna Adapted Matrix.....A sht flm by babuji, ares talkies release,...

• Music Video I Shot with the Sedna AQ1 Hack

• I love the video about the redhead for the H4N... hilarious!

• some goon on youtube reacts to Cluster V4 12/15 GOP variation...

• @driftwood. I did a quick test of the CM skine tone-Cluster Crossfire using Panasonic 14-140 AFC, OIS and Sandisk 64GB 90 mb/s. 24p is great as usual. 1080i60/HBR 30p worked fine but with a surprisingly low bitrates of mid twenties. The scene is detail (nature with trees). 720p60 does not survive more than a few seconds even in the H mode. I really like Cluster v3 with Sedna matrix. It would be a great setting if you could take Cluster V3 with Sedna matrix and change the 24p to be GOP1 without the drop in bitrates in 1080i and HBR (basically keep the rest the same). That would be a winner. As usual appreciate your efforts. Cheers.

• @driftwood 720p50 and variable speed in new Crossfire setting are not reliable. Camera freezes on Sandisk 32/30mbps and 64/95mbps when shooting a death chart. HBR and 24p pass that test just fine.

Just letting you know. I know these modes are bitches.

• @Kihlian The FAQs doesn't answer my question about Sedna and 720/50p and specific cards, but thanks anyways.

• I just patched my GF2 with the Crossfire v2 patch (I have a greenscreen shoot coming up). Image quality is amazing, but pointing the camera at a tree, immediately gives a card write speed error, while using a 30 mb/s 8Gb sandisk card and the 14-42 kitlens.

• @rajamalik looking forward to that video :)

• @thepalalias this isnt quantum v9b. i patched new q9b sedna matrix adapted one. amazing results. i hope u would test it soon all the best!!!

• @Hakosuka Sounds like a plan. Here is the data I grabbed from the table on using Sedna with that card on a high detail scene (like bringing out canvas texture on a painting at close range) in a stationary shot.

Sedna AQ1 A NTSC Spans with:24H Works fine but does not span with:HBR, FSH, SH Gets write errors with: "80% 24H"

Sedna AQ1 A PAL Spands with: 24H Works fine but does not span with:HBR Write errors with: FSH, SH, 80% 24H

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions