Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official G3 hack development topic
  • 191 Replies sorted by
  • I'm using DSTE replacement battery and it works well.. Battery indicator is showing actual state and also i can do a firmware update with it just like with original Panasonic battery... it's selling also on ebay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/DSTE-1400mAh-DMW-BLD10E-DMW-BLD10-BLD10-Battery-for-Panasonic-DMC-GF2-GF2-Camera-/271019055776?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item3f19fe9aa0

• I couldn't find non-Panasonic replacement anywhere so I assumed it need a hack to work. I've read You can use batteries from RC models but it needs Panasonic power adapter to work. Could You tell me what battery You're using Jofo?

• What's wrong with battery? I was using 3rd party battery without any issue

• Is battery hack included in this release?

P.S. How long You have to be a forum member to take part in alpha testing?

• It's in alpha testing stage, which helps to get stable patch with no harm to camera :) But so far it seems that patch is working very good... as vk said, you can participate on testing too... tomorow i'll do some other test shots and see the results... For now I'm very satisfied with actual progress... vk is the man ;)

• I need more people with G3.

As I said, if you are long registered on forum, able to do systematical testing and have G3, send me PM.

• It's a dream ! Folks, i'm hungry for this shit, plz release the phenomenal PTool 3.66d !!! G3 hack looks so sexy ;-)

• Just quick initial shots after patching...

more to come...

• I don't know if that's a bit OT but I'd like to know what you guys think about the G3's video quality (using the upcoming hack) compared to a GH2. Or is there a kind of of comparison thread anywhere around here already? But well, the new G3 hacked (!) might make a difference.

Regards Jens

• Hi! I have G3 with Japanese language only. Really need ability to change it to English. My $10 for your job: ID for this payment is: 01S475921T3569803.

• As promised, a small support ($20) from me is on the way Vitaliy :) Transaction ID: 4VM45360YD3130116 It's a first batch so you can await another support from me in the future... :) You rock

• PTool 3.66d alpha

Send me PM if you want to be member of testing team.
    You must be long time community member, must have camera near you, and understand that it is bad idea to become tester if you just want PTool sooner.

• And here I am as promised! New paycheck, new donation. Transaction ID: 0UG54372BL6443643. Any hope for manual video mode to be included in the coming PTools (the one currently in alpha status) or should we just wait for a future release provide that? If so, any estimate about the release month for manual video mode? Keep up the awesome work (but take care of yourself first), J.

• I don't think you can turn off the shutter for real stills.

SH mode doesn't use the shutter because in this mode the sensor does not capture stills, it just sends the video feed that is used to live view / focusing, and the camera extracts frames from there. That's why in SH mode the photos you get are of such a low quality.

• Sorry I am a total newb so you might find my idea absolutely old or as a matter of course.

An option to turn off the mechanical shutter would be nice (e.g. mechanical shutter is off when serial shooting in SH -- 4 megapixels), would that be possible? I find it disturbing to shoot in situations where one is asked to be silent (church, museum and such). Even when shooting in single shot mode at lowest quality (same resolution as in multishot SH) the G3 uses the mechanical shutter.

• Hope you are all right now. :) If not, then get well soon Vitaliy ;)

• We'll have some release delay due to me being sick for some time :-)

• It would be great, but VK is the man to tell us what is the actual status of this project.. Anyway, whenever the hack comes out, it'll definitely be the great fw hack... so we must be patient... :)

• How is the hack for the G3 coming? Do we still think we'll have a summer release?

• oh just a quick question, i've checked the GF3 patches, and i mostly see video-related tricks...

what are the photography-related stuff? only ISO limit?

• Another $10, 7K338403BT493434P. Thanks for your work.

• 94635088WK956782M $ 10 here my friend, I am looking forward to the hack, nice Job !!

• 10$ more your way Vitaliy (6D467976U78455744), looking forward to playing with your hack... soon ;-)

• If its not too much trouble, could you list the top three features that will be rolled out with the G3 hack?

I do not completely understand that you mean here.
    It'll very similar to ones for GF3, you can check all the features for it.

• Hi Vitaliy. I finally got around to dropping you some money after checking all relevant G3 threads for the last several months. Transaction ID is 0RV73778AF086162U. If its not too much trouble, could you list the top three features that will be rolled out with the G3 hack? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Thanks and keep up the good work.