Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hpx170 To match GH2 Help!
  • I have a hpx170 and a Gh2, I was wondering if anyone owns a gh2 and a hpx that knows the best way to get them to match.

Thanks

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • I own both. What are you trying to get to match? Color?

• yeah color, sharpness, ect. Ive tried Vibrant on the gh2 and it seems to be the closest to hpx

• anyone else?

• I have the HMC150 and the GH2.

Vibrant on GH2, and 'spark F3' setting get it pretty close. I believe it's b press gamma, sharpness to +3, master ped to -5, chroma to + 3 or 4.

I find cine-gamma on hmc150 and cinema on gh2 gets reasonably close as well.

Both require a bit of color tweaking to fully match.

• what hack did you use on the Gh2 and what W/b Settings? Wb settings are hardest part to me

• hmc150, white balance on a white card like normal. GH2, white balance on a white card with custom balance set to a few ticks towards blue, and a few towards magenta. I use colorista to color correct, and I found that I had to pump up the contrast/saturation on the blue tones on GH2.

The hardest part for me is getting the yellow/green hue out of the GH2.

• I filmed a short using a HMC150 as a B cam last weekend and it wound up matching pretty well. With some slight color grading it's difficult to tell the difference in the footage. A lot of it simply came from lighting the scene well and matching the white balance and aperture I was using Sanity 5 and Smooth -1, 0, -2, 0 on the GH2. Not sure about the settings on the 150.

• ok thanks for advice guys

• anyone else?

• found a old topic,

Both Wb was 3200k. I had my gh2 a few notches inside the Blue channel on wb too

HVX settings: "GH2 HT" 720p30N (client request), 180d shutter, ~35mm (~250 effective), f2.8 detail: -4 v detail: -2 detail coring: +4 hroma lvl: 0 chroma phase: 0 color temp: 0 master ped: +5 gamma: cinelike V matrix: norm STD: off

GH2 settings: FSH mode, SS=60, ISO=320 Leica Summicron-R 50/2, f2.8 Custom Film Mode, -2, -2, -2, -2

ill try some outside tests tomorrow.

• some final tests.

HPX

Lush Scene file 5600K wb

GH2

Vibrant -2,0,-2,0 5600K wb

• what do you guys think?

• i think this is pretty close, jus the trees in the background are different color on the gh2.