Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
AN "Valkyrie", GOLGOP3-13, GOP3ZILLA, natural, Freeze-less Reliable All-round GOP3 Settings :-)
  • 1001 Replies sorted by
  • GH2 FLYCAM C5 Enoden 1 Day Ticket "Noriori-kun" 2012.10.26

bkmcwd GOP3ZILLA 3 Candidate 2

• @Monsterbox Many thanks for using Valkyrie and feedbacks! :-)

Since I almost use "Nos", I am not sure about recommendation in film modes. Of course in Nos, there are many noises...

• hey @bkmcwd we used c1.5b for all the interviews in our promo. we wanted to test no neatvideo denoising for this one. isos 800 & 1250. Great job. We're still testing the difference between standard mode and smooth. Any recommendations? Standard seemed like it had less noise but the skintones got weird. The video has a mix between smooth and standard. Can anyone guess the difference?

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for beautiful demonstration of C1.5b! :-)

• @Zaven13 Many thanks for testing C1.5b and comment! :-)

Regarding spanning, I consider that it may not span depending on conditions.

In my opinion, you could call this version your final release if you like to.

If there is no report of freezing with 95MB/sSDXC, I think the same way.

Can you provide the sharper version of the C1.5b?

Of course, it is possible. However, since it may be widely different from the pure original matrix by Chris, I think that this is a limit. Although based on the lens used, in C1.4b, artifacts appears a little in HBR or 720p.

• Haven't had much time on my hands to edit everything that I have so i'm releasing a short version, but here is Valkyrie C1.5b in HBR 30p which in my opinion is awesome.

• @bkmcwd. If I understand it correctly, you used a softer matrix for C1.5b. Can you provide the sharper version of the C1.5b?

• @bkmcwd. All my testing with Valkyrie ZERO2 444 C1.5b shows that this setting is very stable. Using Sandisk SDXC 64GB 95mbs card, I have not had any failures on all modes including spanning. In my opinion, you could call this version your final release if you like to. Thanks for all your hard work.

• I tested Valkyrie C1.5b in 24p, FSH and SH for spanning yesterday pointing camera to the TV while watching using Sandisk SDXC 64GB 95mbs and Panasonic 14-140 lens. All modes spanned with no problems.

• @peternap Many thanks always! :-) I am glad so that the condition of C1.5b may be good.

@abraham1307 Thank you for using, although I cannot explain in English well. :-)

• I've been shooting a lot of samples lately using Valkyrie C1.5b and in my opinion its the best patch for what I do.

• @bkmcwd C1.5 14-140, 720-60 polarizer

720P is always the question with these settings for me. This was an exposure nightmare but I wanted to push it in post to see how it worked out. You really have a winner with 444 1.5 As shot and after a quick post

capital after post1.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    capital after post 2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    capital after post_2.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    capital after post_3.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • Although I have tried some new matrices for GOLGOP3-13, the matrix exceeding the present EX matrix is not found easily...

• @peternap Your comment are persuasive, IMO. Thanks! :-)

• @bkmcwd 1.5 is a good choice IMO.

• I am also preparing GOLGOP3-13 as which a new experimental matrix was adopted now. I am going to release it to during this week. :-)

• Verification finished.

Both were satisfactory.

I am sorry to have disturbed. Please try them! :-)

• @ GOLGOP3-13 lovers :-)

"GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 3" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 3"

I release the each 3rd candidates for "GOLGOP3-13-A" and "GOLGOP3-13-MAX" settings.

This is the version which improved only 1080i/HBR of C2s.

Please try them! And many thanks for your feedbacks!

Special thanks to @towi and @flaschus! :-)

*Of course, already combined with excellent audio tune @thepalalias's "Pasadena_Pulse_Audio_V2_Beta2"

NOTE:

*Although bit rate setups are quite high, the bit rate which actually appears are lower than these. Since the actual bit rate changes by the object to shoot, please confirm by yourself.(Max bitrate : about 110M in 24p, about 75M in HBR.)

*These two settings are completely the same except 24p.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-A.

*24H and 24L are high quality 3GOP setting with super mega size I-frames in GOLGOP3-13-MAX.

*24p80%(30p) is available in 24H & 24L both.

*60i, 50i, HBR30p and HBR25p are also high quality and stable 3GOP settings.

*720/50p and 720/60p are 6GOP and 9GOP. It has tuned up so that the bit rate at the time of motion may go up rather than the time of statics.

*I especially recommend you use with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC card.

*In camera playback is available in all rec mode except 24p in GOLGOP3-13-MAX, at least available after reboot the camera.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*EX Tele, iA mode work.(Not tested full yet, but probably)

*Spanning in 24H, 24L with SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC Card. In other rec mode, need test.

*Spanning in other cards needs to be tested.

bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-A_Candidate 3.zip
    bkmcwd GOLGOP3-13-MAX_Candidate 3.zip
  • @Mirrorkisser Hi, As a premise, 1.4b, 1.5b, and 1.6b are completely the same about 24p. Honestly, I cannot judge which is better between TYPE-ZERO2 and Flat4 in 24p. It is because I do not have time to fully verify "appearance" of FLAT4 matrix. However, considering that HBR of Flat4 is too going too far, I choose TYPE-ZERO2 from the standpoint of balance. And since I use Panny lenses, I choose C1.5b. Since I like "all round", I think that I will consider that C1.5b is formal TYPE-ZERO2. :-)

• @bkmcwd cheers for your hard work. I would like to know which of the valkyrie settings is in YOUR eyes the best for 24p at the moment? Cheers

• @abraham1307 Many thanks for using Valkyrie! :-) I am looking forward to seeing your video.

• Been using Valkyrie C1.5b in HBR 30p and i have been getting great results, and with no problems what so ever. I will post a video soon to show how great this setting is in HBR 30p. Once again thank you for creating my favorite setting thus far for the GH2.

• thank you very much. That was fast response and problem solved.

• @buhojean

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

Known issues and bugs

There are sporadic reports of a “file number limit exceeded” error message when attempting to record with 64-GB SDXC cards. It looks like the problem is fixed by reformatting the card, and avoided by recording a short clip after spanning and before turning the camera off.

After the recording over 4 GB, before turning off the power, you should record a certainly short clip. Probably it solves now. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters