Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • Pictoris is baby Quantum 50M/75M tops. SpanMy... is 100M tops. Pictoris is being put through the paces at the moment :-)

• @driftwood I tried the v4 Orion patch and my camera freezes instantly in 720P mode. I am using a Sandisk Extreme HD video 32 GB card, 30mb/s class 10. Didn't have any problems with the 1st version of the Quantum X patch. I do need 720P50 for nice slow motions, is there something I could change or do you advise another patch or SD card? Thenx in advance!

• @thomasso Did you try v4b Orion patch? It's the last one listed of the beginning of the post. Driftwood updated the Orion and Rocket patch today. Salud

• mmm, I also tried the Flowmotion patch. Had the exact same thing, but then I uploaded it again in my camera and now it doesn't freeze anymore..... strange, but will try the Quantum V4 again!

• Try closing ptools, make a new folder called Quantum, redownload latest ptools dated '200212', redownload firmware v1.11 from Panasonic, redownload Quantum patches and copy them all to the new Quantum folder. Rerun ptools, save Orion to firmware, and see if that helps.

• @driftwood Okay thanks! Will give that a go and let you know. Now closed Ptool, inserted v4b and is uploading to the cam now, maybe just an error uploading. Otherwise completely new install as you described. Camera freezed instantly when I hit record on 720P so not that hard to test! Cheers

• @driftwood First try, BIG freeze in 720P SH, standard 14-45mm lumix lens by the way.

• @thomasso first try recording in 24p for 5 seconds and then retry 720p straight after.....9 times out of 10 this works...hope it works for you

• @thomasso I recently had exactly the same problem but I just deleted everything (all patches, ptool, firmware, folders) and reinstalled everything. Now everything works fine.

• @thomasso, did you reformat your card after installing Orion v4b?

Try going back to your first version of Quantum X (you mentioned worked) and see if it still works.

• Driftwood Quantum X 'SpanMyBitchUp' v2b

Different profiles, (all in -2 -2 -2 -2)
    Over and under exposed
    Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Lens

no color correcting are done

• Eagerly awaiting for Pictoris, the X v2 and up are crashing my Sandisk 30MB/sec Class 10s on heavy detail all the time ending in camera lock up. I can give quality a drop for stability.

Will Pictoris use the same AVC Intra matrix you developed driftwood? Thanks!

• Kholi - Right with you re. cinema... there's something about it with the quantum patches where it actually looks better at higher ISOs (like 640, 1250, 1600 - we don't typically go much past that), especially for skintones.

• @Stray,

My thoughts on the GH2 sharpening (for that matter all sharpening pre or post work on any camera footage) are the same as yours -and probably everyone else here. This is why your discussion and others regarding the sharpening control under the new matrix settings are of interest to everyone.

I agree, we are on a new ground on how all the GH2 internal video controls are now behaving.

I'm still shocked on the quality footage from this camera... much respect. .

• @davidhjlindberg @nameless @driftwood Deleted everything, downloaded everything again and now it works fine! No freezes so far, tried to shoot at ISO12800, different settings so try some more tomorrow. Thanks guys!!

• Updated "Base." to HD. Added some f/x:

• The Orion Mjpeg is really really nice, for those of you in NTSC land that need 30fps..just sayin.

• @Hallvalla Good start in the fx, but still I think the smoke could be moving a bit slower. Maybe set the Physics Time Factor to something lower and maybe even add some more variable wind in some of the smoke fx. Slightly use a Spherical Field could be an option. But really good job!

The shots are terrific! Did you add grain or used some high ISO to increase it? I'm especially thinking of the scene at 0:16. So cinematic! Great grading, love the low-contrast/HDR look!

• @Hallvalla Very nice. I love this demo like your other. It has a feel of post-warism about it... sorta 50's. Well done. @thomasso Welcome aboard! @jamesgh2 Yes. Do not worry. @mozes Looks very good, how mature is ExposureRoom? The HD mode is pretty darn good. :-)

• @driftwood The file i uploaded was 796 mb.
    After conversion by expusreroom it is 777.86MB
    I have renderd the orginal mts to a XDcam mp4 in sony vegas (18.3mb/s)

• does the frame buffer limit the time you can record with any of the new setting on Orion?

I can only record for about (roughly) 5 minutes on HBR & 24h modes.

• @re9d ie it wont span you mean? The reason is because its over a kind of threshold. I think its around or up to 90M before spanning will fail. If you use Rocket or SpanMy... settings and the detail isn't so high in the subject matter you should be able to get some form of spanning as these are below the threshold.

• @driftwood, that's what I was wondering. I don't get the message about limitation of card.

Can I adjust the options within the new settings? e.g. Frame buffering or Frame Limit

With the high speed 64gig cards, you can record for about an hour strait?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions