Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GF2 Stable Settings
  • 614 Replies sorted by
  • Can anyone publish tested Sanity 5.1 settings, adapted for GF2? I have SanDisk Ultra 32 GB Class 10. Thank you.

• @subco

someone had mentioned that he was working with manual controls for GF2, but I do not anything yet ...

• i found that Any LongGOP Patch is better On GF2 i am using Now Cluster 'DREWnetGH3' and its ok , 720p no play only,,,, quality and motion is amazing .... Low light is good... with panny 14-42 Thanx All

• Oh...thanks for replying subco, i have an Integral class 10 SD (up to 20MB/s) and i've tried many patches, but almost in every patch i had problems with playback. The only one that worked full from me was the stonebat's first attach in the 2nd post of this thread.

Anyway, I dont mind if the patch is not fully pushed to maximum settings, i just want a fully stable patch at all settings, including 720p, so if anyone has end up with a stable patch that uses until now i would like to give it a try. Thanks.

• Subco if you are still here can you please upload your modified cluster 6 patch that enbles 720p payback in camera? Or anyone who has chieved that. I haven't tried any hack yet, but after reading the whole thread it seems that the best patch so far is Driftwood's cluster 6, but i want it to be full functional meaning i need 720p mode to be playable in playback. Thanks

Soryy for the messy post, writing from e cellphone.

• Hi guys any help regarding my issue?advance thanks!

• Hi guys,

Im using cluster v6 top reliability and i was loving it. I managed to record a couple of clips on the hd setting for testing and the bitrate were around mbps. Its phenomenal to my newbie eye, but here's the thing upon using the hd setting again rather than the fsh i cant record anymore, the hd icon is blinking red along with the icon of the sd card. Any idea whats happening? Im using sandisk class 10 sd card

• Hi,

I install the Driftwood "nebular" and there si lots of white dots in my image with the panasonic pancake 14mm f2.5... Do you know what it's not work on my GF2 ????

thanks

• Could someone please post a ini file for us to use.

• Hi,

My GF2 images are very noisy in low light, I think it comes from my patch what patch you recomend me for shooting in low light (720p) ?

thanks

• Hi, my Gh2 is taking longer than expected to be repaired, and I am in a crunch since I will be going to Kyoto in several days.

Question # 1) Does one still need an ND filter to use Manual lenses in Daylight for shallow dof, and what not?

Question # 2) if the answer to question #1 is yes, what other G series cameras (for the individual on a budget) do not need the ND filter work around?

Thanks, I have been thinking about a GF2 for awhile, but sorta go forced into it making a decision very soon, and after 3 hours of reading this thread I am still unclear, and need sleep.

• Hello Any body there plzzzzzzz what is the best GF2 Hack for 14-42 lens and sandisk extreme 45mb/s for details,slowmotion and night thanx

• @zinin Your clips are light and fleeting as dreams ... great job!

• No, 80-200 2.8

• @zinin GREAT footage! is the cheapy Nikon Nikkor 80-200 f4.5 ?

• GF2, nikon 80-200 Cluster v6 'Nebular' Premere Pro, MBL

• I like to share with you my works with my little GF2 and my 6 lenses :D This is still Driftwood's Cluster v6 'DREWnet', edited in Edius (color grading just in some scenes), average of 23mbps, exported at 23mbps with 2 RefFrames and 2 Cons. B-Frames. Youtube seemed so f**king happy with these settings :D Let me know what you think about it.

• @Stonebat Sorry guys,

I'm in a hurry. What's the difference between the two ini files posted at first page?

Thank you

• Hello, I'm using a gf2 in my quadcopter, and I need a good performance patch. What do you recomend for a always moving scenario? Thanks for the advice!

• Hi GF2 mates. Does anyone tried the new AN 444 sharp on GF2?. I use a set of VERY soft 16mm lenses in this camera, and I would like to try the "sharp" version of the incredible AN. I still do not know how to load these settings in the GF2. Thanks for the help.

• @subco, most important limiter is the lower quality sensor, different than GH1 and GH2.

• @subco, yep that was my conclusion as well, although I reverted to the hack StoneBat lists on the first page, there is not much to gain.

• @JayB38 I have not done extensive testing with Cluster 6 on the gf2 or gf3 yet.. but on the GH2 is been awesome.. I assume it will be the same for the GFx cameras... I know it works on GFx as its loaded on both my GF2 and GF3 and they record etc just fine.. just have not had a ton of time testing with those bodies.. hard to break myself away from the GH2 :) I have a vacation coming up and will bring the GF3 with Cluster6 to save some space.

• I haven't tried cluster v6 yet, but cluster v5 has been working perfectly for me for in-cam playback with sandisk extreme 45MB/s on my GF2

• Thanks, will do.