Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2+GH1 camera cage
  • 67 Replies sorted by
  • Looks killer!
  • @pc_bel

looks great, let me know when ready for sale ...
  • I'd take one
  • I would love to know how much it would cost.
  • I would expect it to be expensive, as it is made from single piece of aluminium...
  • I want one.

• @pc_bel

I am very interested in this cage. If the price is right, I might be willing to buy the difference to get you to 50 units if you don't reach the 50 needed. I would just resell them on ebay or at the local rental houses.

• Hi everybody,

Finally, my friend says yes to the cage production!!! and price!!!

Price is 220 euros + shipping for 1cage.

Shipping by SEUR to EEUU is 48 euros for 1 or 2 cages, delivery in 2-3 days. 85,99 euros for 3-9 cages, delivery 4-7 days. 10 or more cages free shipping, delivery 4-7 days. Shipping to europe is 26,34 euros+taxes (VAT) and shipping to Spain is 16,09+taxes (IVA). All shippments insured. Buyers are responsible for customs tax in your country/state. We are searching for other shipping options (cheaper)...

Cage is 100% CNC machined in strong aluminium. Price include the piece to attach the camera flash mount to the cage, and @rockroadpix it will be option anodized in black.

The proto in the first photos has been slightly modified. @Jspatz More clearance in mini jack microphone plug and more easy acces to SD card. More 1/4" holes in cage and other minor improvements.

@Brian202020 we are calculating price for 10 or more cages.

Payment will be only by PayPal.

We will have first cages in about 20 days.... Then I will post more photos.

Thank you very much.

• I would say that's priced to sell! Any idea on shipping charges to the states?

• @rockroadpix In previous post you have all the info. To USA 46 euros delivery in 2-3 days. Not include possible custom taxes.

• @rockroadpix Sorry 48 euros, about 61,9 US$.

• The photos do not show a baseplate for rods. Am I correct to compare this at 220 with rewo at 370 including baseplate?

• Yes, there is no base plate. The cage is intended to be used with a tripod baseplate rig style. Then you can adapt it to diferent rigs. I will show you some photos about what I mean. Rewo price not include VAT for europe.

• great news, thank you

• What is your return policy? Also curious why this thread does not appear in the topics list and I have to search to find it.

• How do you prevent the GH2 from twisting?

• @Jspatz Yes!!! The thread don't update. I don't know the reason. If you don't like you have 10 days to return and we will return money. In PayPal you have buyer protections.

• @JackBayer In the first photo you can see two protuberances in de base, just in front of the camera base, to prevent rotation.

• Is this cage coming form europe or are you based in the US?

• We are from europe. I'm a "aspiring filmmaker" and this cage is the one that I use for work. I have a friend who has CNC machines and we decided to offer it to other people too. This is very difficult today, but here we are...

• @pc_bel

waiting for the first cage, very excited. I prefer a black anodized one as it's better, no reflections.

• Soon we will have a black anodized version to show...

• Any word on the 10 or more price?