Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • little test like this one ?

i don't know if the hack would be better than the new firmware or just compare the FW 1 and then think about a hacked 1.1 possibilities ???...
  • Avid Studio 1.1 also see the clips in 25fps. 1920x1080px
  • Hu shungylu,

I have a Japanese imported Gh2 and it does work but it reverts the entire system back into Japanese. So if you want to play around with the 1.1 firmware you have to do it in Japanese.

• @Tomaso, dont be confused... all programs see the clips as 25fps.... but not progressive.
    Avid composer also, sees the clips as 25fps but interlaced. You have to change manually the interpratation.
  • @pedro

Yep.

@all

I am working on v1.11 firmware.
    Preparing, etc. It is absolutely clear that some patches will require changes due to addition of new modes.
    I'll be porting initial patches in uncoming week.
    Right now I am sick, so things are going pretty slow.
  • @VK

Thanks for all the efforts! Get well soon
  • Here's an ex of the new firmware 1.1 shot in HBR mode 25p using a Samyang 7.5mm MFT

• @toxotis70 Thanks for info will check. I can set the timeline to progressive, will test that!
    Yes it works but it renders the clip!
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Get well! Hope it's not too bad, and remember, your health is more important than the hack ;) We can wait a little longer, the hack is already great right now. Thank you for all you are doing.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev When hacking the GH2 all changes where performed in the GH2__V10.bin, right? The new version is GH2__V11.bin. Can I also open/edit it like in the way before? Can the v1.1 be hacked yet?
  • @Alexauwa Se Vitaliy's post above for the answer.
  • @chef - nice lens!
  • I got a beta of the new Clipwrap and can confirm it rewraps the .mts file into 25p which can be viewed in the Finder and QuickTime on OSX Lion. Also
    importing the file to FCPX and dropping onto a timeline gives you progressive 25fps 1080p rather than previous upper field favoured 1080 i. I don't think HBR has anything like the detail of some of the recent Driftwood patches but it is very decent for most stuff.
  • @rsquires
    Will be hacked soon enough! :-D Can't wait!
  • @mrbill Yes ! It was the one I have been waiting for...
  • did you used any nd filter ?
    What settings (aperture, speed, iso ...)
  • Would be quite interesting if the noise on etc mode has been reduced. Cause for me the noise without etc is low enough.
  • For sony vegas users, maybe interesting.
    Yadif Deinterlace.ofx.bundle
    http://www.yohng.com/software/yadifvegas.html
  • @toxotis70 I used the "rewrap" transcoding on ClipWrap 2.4.6 but it still needs rendering on a progressive timeline FCP. What did you use?
  • Hey All - we've gotten a lot of email from folks who heard that we had a beta of ClipWrap with support for the GH2 25p/30p modes. We just released that build to the public, as v2.4.7, so no need to email if you're interested, just head to http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap to grab a copy. Let us know how it goes.

Also, for the next week or so, we've got a discount code for GH2 users. If you want to buy a copy, use coupon code "progressive4life" for 20% off.

-Colin
  • @CMcFadden

Thanks, Colin. Appreciate the quick work on this!
  • Sorry if I don't understand all this NLE hassle talk!

I just Log&Transfer ProRes HQ from FCP, open a new 1080 25p Timeline with field set to NONE, drop my transferred footage (which shows field set to upper), in the TL and have no issue whatsoever with rendering!!!

With so many mates complaining that their footage needs to render on FCP TL I'm assuming that the simple process I've mentioned above is somewhat wrong?
  • @naavt I think the problems they are talking about might be with FCP-X. FC Express similarly handles the 25p "interlaced/progressive" footage fine. Have not tried log and transfer in it yet with new HBR footage, but that is because i like to manage and transcode my media manually.
  • @naavt .... we speak about FCPX - Premiere.
    We dont want to re encode (as FCP does) the footage.
    Its time consuming and takes a lot of space.
    Clipwrap , doesn't re encode the file to prores , just rerwap the file to a new container.
    The file is still h.264 and has the same size.
    FCP cant do this.
  • Is anyone trying the photo shooting while recording video? Should half-press release shutter turn on or off?