Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
95MB/s Sandisk Extreme Pro cards
  • 242 Replies sorted by
  • @alcomposer

Is there any way to make the switch other than from within the menu? Because I certainly don't recall being on that setting on the menu function.
  • @All
    Just ordered my 64gig from B&H... so will share results when it arrives! Can't wait for your 64gig only settings @driftwood!
  • @spacewig
    >CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT

That normally comes up when one switches from PAL <-> NTSC without proper reformatting. Sure you didn't click over by accident?
  • @spacewig what record mode were you in? mjpeg, avchd/1080p/1080i/720p?
  • @spacewig @cowpunk52 Can you run the same test and uncheck the Max ISO limit box, save firmware and reflash? And let me know. Also, check in camera settings - see if some kind of reset has happened. And also attempt switch off/on first.
  • So I can only span once and then what? I have to transfer files to PC and reformat card? Also, is this with all hacks or just Quantum?
  • @spacewig I get the same error on both my 64GB cards after they span. Don't know why, seems to be a bit of glitch in the matrix
  • Just received Sandisk 95MB/s card. Spans with Quantum V3. However, after shooting a few minutes today, it won't let me record any more. I get a " CANNOT RECORD. FILE NUMBER EXCEED LIMIT. Could someone elucidate me on what this means? Muchos gracias.
  • @f1lm3r JDN suggests he's filmed trees of death and charts and spans...
  • @paglez 1080i50 no span... Does it stop at 4gig?
  • I am still awaiting one of these cards coming from Sandisk's PR company this week. If its good, Ill be buying it from them. @piotremanuel has two of these cards. Piotr could you film a death chart of Quantum for me? Thanks mate.
  • someone shoot a fucking death chart and tell us if it spans.
  • @fatpig

45mb/s version will not span so your recording times will be limited to approximately 3-4 minutes with the highest quality patches. The 95mb/s card (only the 64 gig one though -- with the SDXC, which emphasis on the X) will span with highest quality driftwood patches, meaning if you are doing interviews, events, or long takes you will be able to record until you run out of card space -- generally around 55 minutes.
  • I have one since yesterday. It does span correctly with new Quantum V3 Driftwood's patch in 24 P H Mode, but not in 1080 I FSH. It's very odd... Theorically, 24P H need more resources than 50i stream
  • Yes. It spans.
  • is there any reason to get the 95mb/s version over the 45mb/s version?
  • @itimjim this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/712663-REG/Transcend_TS64GSDXC10_64GB_SDXC_Memory_Card.html

Thought I read reports that it spanned too... most of my interviews don't go over 2 hours so I don't want to shell out for another sandisk card but would like a backup for long interviews (and a cheaper one at that).
  • Thanks JDN !
  • Thank you JDN
  • @JDN Which new Transcend?
  • @paglez, just tested Quantum v2 with new sandisk cards and confirm it does span. Filmed bushes of death, television, no problem.

MY QUESTION: can any one confirm that the new transcend cards also span?
  • So just to clarify, is the spanning your guys are saying the 64gb card can do spanning on photo burst. I know this is probably a dumb question since I keep seeing the word burst used. Just want to be sure I understand this.