Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon Cinema EOS C300 topic
  • 267 Replies sorted by
  • In case anyone was wondering I just read on planet 5D's live blog that it records both 24 and 30 fps in 1080p.
  • it looks as good as what?
  • this is some high-quality shit right here. great comedy entertainment.
  • It has to be very very good for that price else they will get steamrollered. Its make or break time for cannon.
  • That means the DSLR version will be 8-10k me thinks
  • @roguebot

It depends from actual sensor used (for 1920 sensor, yes, they use interpolation, as any other camera with bayer sensor)..
    You must also remember that most footage is in 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 (all TV broadcast shit is in 4:2:0 as I know).
  • @roguebot you are talking about color interpolation.
  • I'm with Vitaliy on this one . . . feckety.
  • 20k probs with an accompanying lens.
  • Hmmm... GH2 only $720...

Wow... almost 30 times more expensive. But no 60p?
  • Okay, stupid question time.

I always assumed that cameras with 1920x1080 sensors (like the F3) were four pixels for each pixel (R,G,G,B). Does this mean that those cameras only actually have 960 horizontal red and green pixels?
  • $20k, yeah anyone can make a movie now -
  • $20000.
    12 stops (only in S-log mode)
    Feckety, feckity, feck (c)
  • 28 days later: Felix phones Vince: "Sheeeiiit, where's the 25p I can't work in Europe?"

Idea seems to be get more dynamic range.
    Or they just painted standard bayer greens for fun?
  • 23:59PM Sam: "...psssst... how much they paying us for this shit ?"
  • >in an hour i think

In this case Canon is holding good.
    I am sure that they have other set of features and panels to cover this hour :-)
  • in an hour i think
  • great images at night with "absolutely minimal" external lighting. (translation: lowlight performance sucks)
  • where precisely is RED making their announcement? Should be soon now, right?
  • "I'm so glad that Canon listened to us professionals, we are fed up with all these upncoming low budget filmmakers barging into our world.... "
  • Just to kill next few mins...

• @GOODEMPIRE

I think you'll be safe.
    They'll start telling something useful only after 4-5 hours, after last note will be down and they'll pass NDA to each one in the center. :-)

@stonebat

Yep. But it looks like it is made by best "film arts professionals" :-)

Kids today can make films wih this

I think here they mention kids of mr. Gates :-)
  • Well if they dont talk about this 'other' camera today - Canon will have created the greatest internet buzz and rumors since...well since this Nov 3rd announcement. Great marketing from Canon actually!
  • "it's all about the final product" . . . uh oh, more spec. avoidance.

@stonebat no, the presidential elections are still worse.