Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Canon Cinema EOS C300 topic
  • 267 Replies sorted by
  • reduser server fail
  • yeah, they really need to get their news out somehow. people are probably going nuts right now.
  • Another marketing stunt a lot of people new the specs and they had to stay really quiet. Get Real! WAKE UP! Go back to the basics, this is just another tool. Get some skills before you spend $$$.
  • on twitter #r3d im reading news
  • red 5k stills 12fps 4 k motion
  • Ahhhhhh Vitaliy a hack idynamic gh2 would make this Canon a joke :-)

It will still be a joke with only 8 bit and 60 fps 720p for $ 16 000. Damn I can understand 1080p derived/scaled from 4k, but allied with those half heart-ted spec, is mind blogging. This camera has nothing special compared to its competitors. No better rez, speed, DR, nothing. For $ 7000 it would have been good but it is way overpriced. It looks more like an FS-100 competitor than an F3 one.
  • I don't understand why you wouldn't hire a proper features director to make a short film for your new 'cinema' camera.
  • @chef 1080p RAW video? What framerate?
  • @mrbill because nobody worth their salt would actually touch it.
  • shipping dec 1st
  • with canon mount, nice
  • 5k 5fps , 4k 25fps , 4k quad hd 30fps 1k at 120 fps

@b3guy it does not say it
  • same sensor epic but with limitations http://twitpic.com/7alo6f
  • pl mount 1500$ , same sensor as Epic (but without passing Epic QC)
  • At lease Canon are honest about resolving 1000lines (as in correct 1k definition).
  • value wise, the Scarlet sounds better. Even use the same Canon lenses, and autofocus. How funny. Video GIANTS, and no video coverage. Its like the turn of the 19th century. Waiting for teletype news. Silly.
  • Canon EOS C300: way overpriced, not competitive, no AF, no interchangeable mount, no RAW, 8-bit? -- fail if you ask me
    Scarlet X: competitively priced, Epic Lite, good specs, shipping soon, RAW
    but
    Scarlet doesn't deliver the original promise: 3K for $3k (which is what I want to pay max) and basically is an Epic lite. A full kit will cost you around $16,000, like original RED One pricing.

So both camera's are not for me. I will happily stick with my hacked GH2.
  • My technical analysis based on Canon info so far and interviews http://www.eoshd.com/content/5157/technical-analysis-of-the-new-canon-eos-c300
  • Built-in glass ND filters 2/4/6. Nice. This should become a standard feature.
  • (someone should make a Nikon to m34 adapter with a ND filter feed mechanism- either insert style (from outside) or as a round spinning disk)
  • Ok, so I just downloaded and watched ' Mobius' OK - I know all this is corporate fodder to showcase the capabilities of the camera - but fuck what a piece of shit. I love Laforet, I think he's a nice guy but damn you have Scorcese be a guest speaker but churn out crap like this? If this was supposed to be history making, why not get a fucking ultra talented director to create an indelible vision here? Where was the engaging storytelling? A kick ass short film would do much better in marketing this camera than producing crap like this. Was there anything shot that couldn't have been shot with less expensive, existing cameras? Or was it just because Vince was held back with no 1080/60p? :-p