Personal View site logo
GH2 Flow Motion v2 - 100Mbps Fast Action Performance & Reliability for Class 10 SD cards
  • 1036 Replies sorted by
  • @mirrorkisser: ok thanks. I'll try them again. I am shooting in 1080 24p on high. Does that make a difference?

• @clebervb "There is a artifact in the vertical in some scenes. I shotted in: 1080/24p (24H) Panasonic 20mm lens Shooter: 1/50 ISO: 160 - 320 Smooth (all -2) Final Cut x"

in 1080 on Youtube, other than the reflection of you in the chrome, I did not see a real problem :-)

The many shades of red on the coffee machine may have generated some kind of artifacts. Red is the most difficult for video to reproduce accurately. It has to do with it's place on the ROY G. BIV color spectrum having the longest visible wavelength.

As far as I know all video has this problem, across many cameras, not just the flowmotion patch on the GH2.

• @mchristian: thats weird the sandisk 45mbs works like a charm on flow motion, spans every time...

The 64gb 95mbs are the best and also most expensive cards...

• What are the best SD cards for flow motion v2.02 on a GH2? I have tried a scan disk 32GB class 10 with 45MB/s and a scan disk 32GB class 10 with 30MB/s. Both would stop recording on there own and the 45MB/s would not even log and transfer into Final Cut 7. I am trying to record over 30 minutes continuously.

• @flaschus

i noticed that you have altered 3 values; which are unaltered by other patches...

These are internal AVCHD settings. In Flow Motion v2 they're increased to enable the encoder to handle larger frame sizes. For more information, ask Vitaliy to give you access to the following wiki pages:

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/development/encoder/start

• @Kazuo yes on Final Cut Pro X

• vibrant colours. did you grade the footage?

• I'm still loving FM v2.02

• No problem at all! If you are you run into the same problem again and or dont know how to google just send me a PM and I can help you out.

[sorry, should not post before coffee...]

• hello everyone,

I wanna try FM v2. What kind of cards I have to buy ?

Transcend 64 GB Class 10 SDXC Ultra Speed 25MB/S Flash Memory Card TS64GSDXC10 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XIB9T6/

Or SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-064G-X46 http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-UHS-1-Memory-SDSDXPA-064G-X46/dp/B005LFT3UW/

Thank you so much.

• @LPowell... hey! whats up...

I have a question, I am trying to get a patch to work properly in 720p60 mode, and noticed something in flomotion 2.02....

i noticed that you have altered 3 values; which are unaltered by other patches, they are:

Limit 63000=70560

Limit 47700=53420

Limit 15300=17140

I cannot seem to track down what these are for.... do these values affect 720p60 mode in any way??

thanks chief.

• Hey guys,

Yesterday I installed this firmware in my GH2. I using a Transcend 32 GB card, class 10. Please, look the vídeo. There is a artifact in the vertical in some scenes. I shotted in: 1080/24p (24H) Panasonic 20mm lens Shooter: 1/50 ISO: 160 - 320 Smooth (all -2) Final Cut x

Its not the youtube compression, because in the edition I already noticed that. Whats the cause then? Thanks.

• This is a bit of test footage we shot with FM 2.02. Setting were not adjusted in preflight. The footage ends abruptly in flight. I realized it had been turned to Auto after reviewing the footage. I'll post some better video when I get some practice time.

• @briangeorge It was shot in the united states, connecticut to be exact..

• oops, think I just figured all this out, i need to test when i get home to charge up my battery though. I just dragged the raw settings file into ptools after loading an original patch from panasonic. I think thats all i need to do? going to read the rest of the beginner article now to check.

• Hi, I wondered if anyone could help me with unzipping the .ini file on a mac so that I can load this patch into wine bottler/ptools on my mac and then load the patch onto my GH2's SD Card? cheers.

• @TrackZillas where did you shoot the video? I mean, in which country. Just curious..

• @lpowell @longjohnsilver @morphov @briangeorge @thepalalias @mirrorkisser here is a video I just shot video with the flowmotion v2.2 check it out but I tell you youtube compression is horrible.. vimeo next stop ;)

• Thanks @LongJohnSilver

It was all shot with the 20mm pancake wide open (No much light in those rooms). I have to mention that I used Neat video, so the original footage is a little sharper, but no moire issue whatsoever.

• @MorphoV

Wow nice editing and BW.

Which lens did you use? This video shows the power of thi camera. The mesh in front of the mic and the carpets on the wall behind the singer are perfect test for moire!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions