Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic
  • 1288 Replies sorted by
  • @AKED did you get any info about the HDMI output? 4:2:0 4:2:2 ?

• Guys, I'll be removing links to speculations here from time to time. As it is topic about already announced camera.

• Frame Simple, if you are disappointed don't buy it, people yes cry and cry,they want Alexa quality in a 1300$ budget camera LOL

• OK, short version of the press conference (15 min) is up. Only GH3 presentation.

http://www.personal-view.com/photokina/coverage/press-conference

or here

I will upload the long version now.

• @tired I have asked about the 29.59 limit. The answer was not 100 % sure but he said, that he thinks it is still there, BUT, the GH3 starts to write a new file aferwards and that without interruptioon of the video!

But not 100 % confirmed.

• The "Cat" video looks very disappointing. Colors are too cranked up to judge image quality. I has a very plastic feel to it. A lot of detail, (the cat´s hairs) but no decent gradation and bad skin tones, even with natural lightning. But it is a prototype...

[Video is on GH3 wiki or earlear in the topic]

• Hello I'm french GH user early adopter and I manage a blog. I worked close to Panasonic do gives them some ideas for GH3. I had chance to play with a prototype of GH3 since few days. It's written in french but you can use google translate to read it http://pampuri.wordpress.com/2012/09/17/panasonic-lumix-gh3-premier-week-end-passe-avec-un-prototype/

• After watching the "cat" video.. I think it´s a bit sad to see that there still is quite a bit of jitter. (don´t do handheld if you have shaky hands!) Obviously, I wouldn´t count on ruling out stabilization - but it only seems a tad improved over the gh2.. The image is not entirely problem free to be honest, but it certainly looks workable.

• Does anybody now who much the GH3 kit with the 12-35mm X lens will cost. I think Panasonic has the kit as DMC-GH3A

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Dieter mentioned that the marketing manager had a second GH3 around his neck. So at least there are two. In science, do it once, it can be a fluke. Do it twice, it's a proof of concept. If we spot a third in the free, mass production and availability for Christmas? :) Not counting the inflatable ones that Igor photographed…

• Anyone know Japan release date?

• Sad to see the multi-aspect sensor go. I actually prefer taking 16:9 stills over 4:3, but that means a loss in resolution now...

• I'm still not clear on a couple of PAL questions - is it the one model, switchable or two models? Someone also mentioned the 29min limit for all PAL cameras, surely that's only the EU?

• If anyone gets a chance to take some more pics with the camera and your own card, please take a couple of low-ISO black frame stills (put on the lens cap, manual mode, fast shutter speed, ISO 200, two frames). Two frames for higher ISOs (400, 800, 1600) would be useful too. The goal would be to compute sensor the read noise, and hence infer something about the possible dynamic range. From the RW2's I've seen so far, it's basically the same 12-bit RAW format.

• I've uploaded to mediafire the JPEG/RAW samples taken at Photokina that VK pointed to before. Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?y7w7adcx989mn

ISO1600 RAW IQ has amazingly fine noise grain.

• What can I tell you...

Igor tells that guys on Panasonic stand are the same. Dumb as hell.
    Cameras number did not changed. Still exactly ONE camera.

• @Vitaliy

"Nick tomorrow will put results of all his research at..."

great - many thanks!

• Still sad about the lack of 120fps option :-( They had the processing power for it.. LX7 has no manual shutter in 120fps and it flickers like crazy under fluoro.

• Just to let you know: All picture and video files were recorded on a Class 10 SanDisc Extreme 16 GB SDHC Card, 30 MB/s

• You can check http://twitter.com/igor29768 from time to time, as Igor is at the show now :-)

• @duartix looking forward to it!

• @Vitaliy You are right, but somebody on other forums was still saying it was multiaspect. Let's say it's a second evidence.

• @jazzroy

It is very complicated (by comsumed tuime to draw it) proof.

Just check images resolution specs on wiki, and it is enough.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions