Personal View site logo
GH2 prices after GH3 launch
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • @hay

Personally, I don´t need a new gh2. I´ve got two. Bought the extra in the summer for 650 (demo cam from adorama, like new). :)

• @rrrr

i'd just get a new body from bh photo - free shipping, no tax for 679

• as far as I can tell, used gh2´s for around 600 USD. (higher, lower depending on accessories)

I found a used gh2 + 14-140 locally for 822 USD.

• one month later, how trend going?

• Depends on the seller £400-450 in uk body only right now...used.

• And remember it will take some time before hack and good settings for GH3 come. Before that GH2 might be better choice.

• With the GH1 we saw prices bottom out around $399 (new with body only) before the summer last year at various retail outlets. As others have said, the higher the price for the GH3, the less it will affect GH2 prices.

The GH2 has received more positive pres than GH1. I think that the price of a new GH2 is unlikely to drop as low as $399 until the end of next summer at the very earliest and find it likely that it will stabilize higher than that before then. But I have no history of succesful guessing in that area. :)

• Guys, pass me the Crystal Ball :)

• I already see more used GH2s popping up on Craigslist.

• Anyone know projected price of GH3? If it's much above $1200 I don't think many GH2'ers will immediately jump on the bandwagon and crash the Craigslist servers with GH2's for sale.

• It is simple supply and demand. If everyone dumps their GH2s at once the price will decrease. If everyone doesn't then it won't.

I think a lot of people will keep their GH2s as backup cameras. The going rate on US ebay right now for the GH2 body only is between $550 and $650. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $550 ever.