Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 prices after GH3 launch
  • 36 Replies sorted by
  • Also got mine new from Amazon for $499 with the 14/42 lens. With all the hacks available for that unit, I think i'll keep it for a while..

• @icloak it it's for back up only buy a used in mint condition.

• @icloak

Most people fail to understand economics and psyhology. After certain time happens big price reduction due to sellers dumping last batches, for some time it continues with slight rise due to ebay reseller, after this price can hike much higher and go lower with time, sometimes very slow.

• Has anyone else noticed the sharp drop off in used GH2 prices? I should have sold mine 6 months ago. They are going for $450 on Ebay right now. It's crazy!!

• @vicharris

Yeah, I noticed that the prices dropped in December 2012 you could get a brand new GH2 for $500.00 off of Amazon. Then between January and February it spiked to about $700-$800 for a used one. Now the prices dropped again to these low prices. It is pretty crazy up and down like a roller coaster. I think that this latest price drop can be attributed to the release of the BMPCC or BMBPCC as I would prefer to call it.

Might as well keep for that price?

• Yeah but I have two. I'm holding on to the one I've beat the shit out of. It's like an old pair of underwear. I really can't imagine the prices going back up either. Should have sold when it was $800!!

• @vicharris Hang on to it unless you really need the cash Vic! Like you, I have 2 of them, one with hard use and the other pretty nice and a GH3. Even though my main work camera is an AC160 I still use the GH's and can't justify selling any of them.

• @peternap I know what ya mean. $500 seems so damn low for these but I have a BMCC and shortly, a BMPCC. I just see keeping both. The multi cam ability is nice but I can always dumb down my BMCC footage too. Do need to free up some money for storage and IRNDs though

• My guess is they'll most likely stay at these prices and slowly dwindle down further over time, as BMPCC and other better cameras come out. Only if no better cams come out soon, would we see a spike up in prices for GH2...but with tech gear we always see new stuff cheaper and better...so if you're gonna sell, I'd guess now is the best time.

• It's also possible that the arrival of the G6 has softened the demand for the GH2.

• Hmmm. Better dump em both then.