Personal View site logo
Canon T4i / 650D official topic
  • 48 Replies sorted by
  • Just wondering all these new features people are excited in such as fast CDAF and touch focusing are really "old" ones for M4/3 system.:-)

• @adventsam That’s a 360p video. The moire may be the result of poor scaling.

• This camera is just a T3i with a touch screen, and all a T3i is a T2i with an articulating screen, save money and get the T2i !

• Ouch.. That is bad. Maybe need the after market anti aliasing filter like for the 5dmk3.

• Colour morie-banding and aliasing, worse than ever, yuk.

• @Mordae

I am sure guys behind ML will use new features fully. :-)

• @mpgxsvcd Any video samples yet? And one thing would be awesome; touch controlled rack focusing in video mode.

• Canon definitely didn't leap frog the GH2 with this camera. However, they did finally catch up to the GH2. Just in time for the GH3 to show them what is possible.

• 650D will be not so good like 600D in video-mode i read.

Again. Who told you this?

• I thought 650D is more for photo then for Video. 650D will be not so good like 600D in video-mode i read.

• knowing Canon the video quality won't be up to snuff.

Who told you this?

Let's first look at results and serious review.

• Looks like an APS-C version of the GH2, but, knowing Canon the video quality won't be up to snuff. Still feeling burned by them on the 7D hype and their fanboy marketing sites that was so not hot in video mode thanks to the moire factor.

• If they sorted out moire and aliasing in video, like in the 5D Mark III, then I'm in. Don't care if it's a little soft. It will be the first APS-C that I'm willing to buy in this price range. That Pancake lens looks fun.

• @Mordae

Price is pretty good, as you need to take Yen course into account.

• The price is the only thing that bums me out so far. Weren't the 550d and 600d around 700 when released?

• Looking at the announcment we can clearly see whole Canon strategy.

Whole lens line will be slowly replaced by STM lenses optimized for contrast AF.

In about 3 years all old glass will work the same as 43 lenses work on m43 bodies now.

Next generation of APS-C entry cameras will have EVF (if they could solve heat issues).

• T4i.png
    705 x 592 - 443K
  • The EOS Rebel T4i features Canon’s amazing new Hybrid CMOS AF System, perfect for shooting photos and video in Live View. This new system combines two distinct AF technologies, phase and contrast detection AF, for speedier and more accurate focus. These complementary focusing systems are aided by pixels on the camera’s CMOS sensor that assist in predicting subject location; therefore making continuous focus tracking quick and accurate in video recording while enhancing focusing speed.

Sounds nice.

• Yeah. My GF2 is cool, but I'd like to invest in something a bit better. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this one, among other cameras that are coming out.

• Magic Lantern with intraframe encoding and I'll buy one.