Personal View site logo
Google Drive
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Hmm. From http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/

We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device . . .
    We provide personal information to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.

We’ll have Google to fetch him away,
    Fetch him away, fetch him away.
    We’ll have Google to fetch him away
    On a cold and frosty morning.

• Yup. Note that the quote above doesn’t pertain just to Google Drive; it covers all their services.

• @Mr_Moore

Amazing find. So if you accidently backed up any of your work you are fucked.
    Btw according to this shit any accidental leak is not a leak any more, it is fully licensed authorised publishing :-)

• Also: http://www.google.com/policies/terms/#toc-content

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

Ain’t that sweet? Redefining the meaning of “open.”

• Google=Skynet.

• LOL

I think in few years they'll be paying you and all OSs will have functions that you won't be able to turn off that will mirror all files to their cloud. Just for safety :-)

• As John Gruber said, “Sure, I trust Google to index the contents of all my files. Why not?”

• You need to check yourself. As far as I understand it is not the case. In Dropbox you can now share any file by just providing simple link.

• Sharing

After reading about sharing on the features page, I wonder if they will force individuals to sign-up for an account in order to view shared content. It is a deal breaker... similar to creating pristine video in .RM format and then forcing the viewer to install Real Player to access the content.