Personal View site logo
How to remove problems in recorded sound
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • Throw it over Ed I have CEDAR and Revcon etc - will prob be able to help

• Quite a booming business now in the cell phone ring tone removal specialty. I have not been to concert or even that did not have phones ringing in the last two years. Cell phone has now moved right on by "bus" "honk" and "ambulance". Interestingly, the honk is usually removable, because those who honk are not moving fast enough, ergo, no doppler.

• Of course, but if I take the time to run a sample through Spectral I don't want a sample that has been gooped up.

• @DrDave

Good MP3 is always enough to indicate main problems.

• post a short, raw (pcm or wav pcm) sample that we can download on dropbox or something similar. If it is "in cam" audio" do not convert it to to wav, just upload a piece of the compressed audio. Do not render the audio in any way with gain, EQ, etc. Ideally, use a file chopper or wav splitter to split off a chunk OF THE ORIGINAL (save the original, DOH!) and upload that. If it is an annoying noise it can be removed using spectral analysis like Renovator or Cedar. You are probably looking at one to two hours of DAW time if it is removable, and it takes two minutes to see if it can be removed. In fact, it might be fun to post a short sample and have different ppl take a whack at it using the different programs available. I volunteer one whack.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev cheers

@kingmixer OK I think I bullshitted with the reverb :) It's likely a frequency problem. I have been actually dabbling with the EQ in FCP but I'm just randomly pushing knobs. I'll keep experimenting thanks

• Yup, I'm actually a sound guy (location and studio) first, and relatively got into this stuff recently.

I don't really follow what you said though, the frequency is off so there's a lot of reverb?

If there's a lot of reverb, there's not much you can do and still have it sound natural. You can maybe try a noise gate with a good ambience track, or you may be able to try automating the volume level ("riding the fader" as they used to say). But it's hard to say without having heard it.

If it's an Frequency problem, then there may be a way to EQ those particular frequncies out, or use some kind of RX plug-in solution.

• Moved to marketplace.

I also strongly advise to describe problem in title. Like "help me fix ... "