Personal View site logo
Panasonic Conversion Lenses
  • Conversion Lens DMW-GWC1/GTC1/GMC1/GFC1

Wide Conversion Lens DMW-GWC1, Tele Conversion Lens DMW-GTC1
    Macro Conversion Lens DMW-GMC1 and Fisheye Conversion Lens DMW-GFC1

Panasonic is pleased to introduce a variety of conversion lenses for the Interchangeable Lens System Camera LUMIX G Micro System. Compact, lightweight conversion lenses propose users to experience the fun of switching lens and enjoy the different angle of view casually.

Compatibility*

Wide Conversion Lens

DMW-GWC1

Tele Conversion Lens

DMW-GTC1

Macro Conversion Lens

DMW-GMC1

Fisheye Conversion Lens

DMW-GFC1

H-PS14042 image image image image
    H-H014 image - image image

Wide Conversion Lens DMW-GWC1

Attachable to H-PS14042 and H-H014*As of January 9, 2012.

• Enables capturing dynamic scenery in wider angle of view
    • Extends the focal length of wide-end from 14mm to 11mm by just attaching it to the front of the lens.
    • Compact, lightweight design featuring high mobility
    • Included Adaptor Ring for the use on H-PS14042 and H-H014
    • Helpful in shooting from dynamic landscapes to indoor group portraits

Tele Conversion Lens DMW-GTC1

Attachable to H-PS14042*As of January 9, 2012.

• Enables capturing distant subject up close
    • Extends the focal length of tele-end from 42mm to 84mm by just attaching it to the front of the lens.*
    • Included Adaptor Ring for the use on H-PS14042
    • Helpful in shooting from travel to street snapshots

* Attachable when the lens is at tele-end.

Macro Conversion Lens DMW-GMC1

• Enables shooting macro shot easily
    • Features closest focusing distance of 0.14m by just attaching it to the front of the lens.*
    • Helpful in shooting delicate, descriptive subject such as flowers or insects

* Closest focusing distance is 0.14m with H-H014 and 0.16m with H-PS14042. Longest Focusing Distance is 0.23m with H-H014 and 0.26m with H-PS14042.

Fisheye Conversion Lens DMW-GFC1

• Enables shooting unique images with rounded effect
    • Features 120-degree angle of view by just attaching it to the front of the lens.
    • Suitable for shooting characteristic, impressive images unique to the fisheye lens
  • 97 Replies sorted by
  • how many f stops do we gain with this adapters?

• Guess its more loosing than gaining f stops.. however. Depending on the quality of the lense (sharpness, barrel distortion, aberation..) the wide conversion together with 14 mm pancake might become a nice affordable combo.

• Maybe with these converters new camera firmware will come with extra option for converters....?

• DWS-07ML was announced around the same time. It has two different versions for 37mm and 49mm threads. It claims 0.7x.

DMW-GWC1 seems supporting both 37mm and 46mm threads. It’s 0.79x and seems twice more expensive than the other one.

Anyone with more info?

• I went ahead and ordered the DMW-GWC1 to use with the 14mm lens. I'm sure the adapter will loose a little light from f2.5 - but it should still be faster than the 7-14mm (f4).

For what it's worth, I usually found my 7-14mm lens at ~10-11mm setting, so the DMW-GWC1 should fit my needs well.

• DWS-07ML has 50cm min focus distance where DMW-GWC1 has 17cm.

• I can't see why DMW-GWC1 can't be used on other m43 lenses.

14mm 2.5 -> 11mm ??

25mm 1.4 -> 20mm ??

45mm 1.8 -> 35mm ??

• Is it possible to screw ND filters on these conversion lenses? Would be nice to have wide-angle with POIS :-)

• Does anybody know when these might be hitting the shelves? I've had the 12mm 1.6 on order for ages and I'm looking for something wide for a trip in April..

Thanks

• Prolly in May...

• I bought and used the inexpensive macro converter from SIOCORE for my 14mm-42mm lens (70 € along with a 0.7 wide angle converter, http://www.siocore.de/konverter/fuer-spiegellose-systemk/weitwinkel-konverter/siocore-37mm-52mm-0-7x-weitwinkel---makro-olympus-pen/a-87987952/ ), and I am satisfied with the results - they certainly look not worse than what is shown in the mynichi.net review. (The Panasonic macro converter is offered for ~100,- € alone.)

• @karl The Panasonic one gives much shorter minimum focus distance.

• @stonebat: Are you sure? According to the Panasonic DMW-GMC1GU spec sheet, the minimum focus distance with the H-H014 pancake is 14cm - and while I cannot cite a spec that is specific for using the SIOLEX macro converter with the H-H014, I am pretty sure that the nearest focus distance I get with that combination is not any further.

We could do a comparison: Let's agree on an object that we both have (like a bank note or alike), and shoot a test picture of it at the closest distance that the auto focus is happy with (at the 14mm end). Shall we? :-)

• @karl This thread is about Panasonic converters, not what you bought :)

• I just purchased the Panny wide converter, should have it in a few days, will run some tests on the 14mm pancake and try get it to work on some of the other Panny lenses even though it's not designed for that, who knows.

• @Rambo, where did you buy it from?

• @hilltop, Fleabay Japan, starting to appear. $179us.

• @Rambo Cool. Please check if it gives same EV reading.

• Will do. I really, really hope it's only a small loss.

• I'm hoping no loss :)

• I am using GWC1 with 14mm F2.5 and I think it is really good.

• @kkfok, anything more you can tell us about it? Light loss, does it attach to filter thread or outside of lens? Thanks.

• The wide converter work with the 20mm pancake?

• I don't see any visible distortion or light loss. It attaches to the lens with an adapter ring. One side of the adapter ring attaches to the filter thread of the lens while the other side is like a bayonet adapter and the converter can be inserted and lock into it.