Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic Conversion Lenses
  • 97 Replies sorted by
  • Cool thanks, wasn't sure where exactly the adapter went, obviously Panny are ok with it attaching to the lens filter threads.

• Super. There goes 11mm f/2.5 less than $300.

• Sweet, looking forward to getting one. According to handbdigital.com it will be available May 30th in the US.

• I preordered from adorama. I'd give a try on Olympus 45mm 1.8 to get 35mm 1.8... haha

• @stonebat, if that works, I will pick up the olympus 45mm, 1.8 :). Being wanting a 35mm, but the best one is out of my price range. So you gonna have to step it down huh, cuz I believe the thread on the 14mm is 46mm and that on the olympus is 37mm

• I think the adapter package has with the step-up ring for x14-42 pancake.

• The DMW-GWC1 has no filter thread, so you can't use filters on it and no lens hood :-(

• Ummm.... I guess Panasonic wants us to use the matte box... Sad...

• Twist the outer ring and reveal any hidden filter thread? Gawd... how to install 77mm ND filter on top of it?

Panasonic_GWC1_Wide.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 98K
  • The: Fisheye Conversion Lens DMW-GFC1 gives a 120-degree angle of view is it possible to now to how much mm corresponds? Me fool i sell my Panny 14mm because I had a FD 17mm and now I´m buying it again...

• This thing is kinda useless to me for what I will need the wide 11mm for if I can't attach a filters or even a hood to it.

• I want to buy to get a wider angle, but would love to use ND filter or hood. It always surprises me that these conversion lenses have no filter thread. Same with the Sony camcorder lenses. Had to buy Raynox to get filter thread for that.

• @John_Farragut, I know right. I am sure there's could be a way to mount it on there if I try hard enough. Noktor 12mm is screwing up, I don't think I will sleep well paying $800 for the Oly 12mm f2. Can't win!

• can you screw in a ND to the 14 and then the converter into the ND? It's all 46mm, ya?

• @John_Farragut: The Siocore 0.7x wide angle converter does provide a 72mm filter thread on its outside (and it's much cheaper than the Panasonic wide converter), see http://www.siolex.de/konverter/fuer-spiegellose-systemk/weitwinkel-konverter/siocore-37mm-52mm-0-7x-weitwinkel---makro-olympus-pen/a-87987952/

But be careful though to not strain your lens with too much additional weight. If you mount not only the converter but also additional filters, that may one day be too much for a pancake zoom to carry.

@Hallvalla: Mounting first a filter and then a converter in front of it might be a not-so-clever idea, if you think about how this changes the optical parameters of the setup (the distance from the converter to the lens).

• @karl

Specially for you, check the title of the topic, it is about Panasonic converters.

• @karl - thanks, that makes sense.

• Still waiting, it should be here today based on past expedited shipping from Japan. I think I should be fairly easy to mount a small extension tube or adapter ring over the outside of the wide converter that has an thread internal thread for a filter.

• The Wide Conversion Lens DMW-GWC1 just arrived, a quick test on 14mm and 20mm pancake, mounts and appears to work identical on both. First thing you notice is how small and light this converter is, it's the same outside diameter as the 20mm pancake lens. The perspective on the 14mm is awesome, not much distortion of the verticals, this is going to be great for use on the SteadyCam.

The 55mm Marumi filters i have all fit perfectly into the inside of the wide adapter with just enough friction for it to stay in place, would not support a hood though without further mods.

Post some sample stills and video soon.

Any tests or questions please ask.

• Quick update, no measurable light loss with adapter on according to the camera metering.

• @Rambo

Do you have also Sony wide converter?

• No VK, only the new Panny.

• @rambo The 55mm Marumi filters i have all fit perfectly into the inside of the wide adapter with just enough friction for it to stay in place no measurable light loss with adapter on according to the camera metering. Great news; thx for post tests.

• The 55mm Marumi filters i have all fit perfectly into the inside of the wide adapter with just enough friction for it to stay in place.

@rambo So if you just remove the glass from the filter, only use the ring, can you use it as a filter thread, or does it sit too deep?