Personal View site logo
Degradation: More on crypto currency humanity crime and electricity
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • To me, a better alternative to "proof of (useless hashing) work" would be some "proof of useful work" concept, where the right to add a block to the blockchain is gained by proving to have produced some real-world product or service.

Well, it is like proposing to drunken scammer to hang himself, with good manners, of course.

• @CFreak: So far, "proof of stake" is only a hypothetical replacement for "proof of work" in crypto-currencies. I for one do not think that people will trust foreign anonymous entities to be in control of a block chain, just because those entities have amassed a large share of that currency.

To me, a better alternative to "proof of (useless hashing) work" would be some "proof of useful work" concept, where the right to add a block to the blockchain is gained by proving to have produced some real-world product or service.

• Bitcoin is the pinnacle of parasitism

Burning energy (making life worse!) to redistribute already produced goods and services (again, making life worse for everyone, but parasites!).

sa1270.jpg
    800 x 387 - 35K
  • I am waiting for this ethereum mining craze to implode, so that GPU prices might come back down.

As I understand it, the switch to a POS (proof of stake, not "piece of sh*|") system will render all the multi GPU rigs useless? It might be happen soon? Or, no one really knows, except the few who are in charge?

• China’s central bank told a top-level government internet finance group that the monetary authority can tell local governments to regulate the power usage of bitcoin miners to gradually reduce the scale of their production.

• Inno3D product

sa1033.jpg
    800 x 489 - 53K