Personal View site logo
CAME gimbals
  • 244 Replies sorted by
  • @DMZ

Just go to nearest DIY market/shop and make yourself O like or U like handle, need just metal stripe, 1/4" screw and some foam.

• Came Single looks great. I'm torn between this and Came Mini 2.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I was corresponding with CAME-TV and they just gave me an understandable explanation for the lack of the inverted mode for the Single. The first explanation was that it is due to "the structure factor," which did not explain anything.

Katherine of CAME wrote: "it is due to the cable construction. kindly know that the single could only roast within 180 degree, (to protect the inner cables and wires), but if inverted, it need roast the roll axis and the cage 360 degree, so does not work." (The word "roast" obviously means "rotate.")

If this is correct, they would need to modify the mechanical design, not just the firmware.

• Has any considered buy the original Came Mini and replacing the adjustment screws with thumb screws to make it toolless? I feel the price difference between the original and the toolless version is a little steep if they only changed the screws.

• Personal View Gear Test: Came Single

This is the first video where I test the Came Single 3 axis Gimbal for Personal View.com You see the unboxing of the Came Single gimbal as well as the mounting of the camera and the balancing. You will see the differnet modes and how it can be used.. I also talk a little about the possibilities and the advantages of this gimbal.

More videos will follow where I shoot with the Came Single.

• In this second video where I test the Came Single 3 axis Gimbal for Personal View.com, you see the gimbal being used in a car. The camer is a GH4 with the 12-35 lens.

You see 3 different kind of shots.: The gimbal Inside of the car filming forward, the gimbal inside of the car filming to the rear and the gimbal outside of the car filming to the front.

The road is very bumpy so you can see how the gimbal stabilizes the camera under difficult conditions. I think it does an excellent job.

The second camera is a Gopro Hero 4 black mounted on a Lanparte HHG1 gimbal

• In this third video where I test the Came Single 3 axis Gimbal for www.personal-view.com, you see the gimbal being n action scenes with a dog.

The camera is a GH4 with the 12-35 lens, the 2nd camera a Gopro Hero4 black on a Lanparte Gimbal HHG1.

I am always interested, how the gimbal handles extreme situations. So here you have me running besides my dog in full speed and my son playing ball with my dog. On either scenes I can not do the soft "steady cam steps" trying to avoid hard steps when walking. I just go where I have to go, as seen in the Gopro videos.

Again I think, the Came Single handles the situations very good.

Let me know what you think.

• @AKED, I particularly liked the dog playing video and how the gimbal handled it. With the setup you have, how soon before you start experiencing fartique on you hands do you think? I'm looking at this for use on event shoots; weddings.

• Well it depends how you hold it. If you hold it far out you will get tired pretty soon. If you hold it closer to the body and sometimes support it with the second hand (like you can see in the video) I think you can go for quite a while. Like 10-15 minutes. I think you can develop a technique how to hold it. It weight 2.3 Kilo the way I have it. Test it for yourself. Take a large bottle or something with that weight and try it out. I am very happy with this gimbal so far.

• I've used the Came Mini on one shot for 10 minutes continuous, i could only dream of using my one hand stabiliser for such a length of time.

• i could only dream of using my one hand stabiliser for such a length of time.

You need a light one and also use NX500 + pancake :-)

• You can support the gimbal with two hands and also switch hands. Hold it close to your body and change the positions. It is possible. But I would not want to record a whole concert with that for example.

• I agree VK but with the Came Mini im spreading it over two arms so much less fatique

• I was out yesterday testing how long I could film with the Came single one handed, and after 12 minuted I put it down on accident becasue we ordered something and I forgot anbout the test. I could have done it much longer. I did not change hands and I did not support it with the 2nd hand.

While using it single handed, the joystick was a bit difficult to use precisely. Not becaus it does not work precise, but because of the position of the fingers. One has to get used to it. Then it gets easier.

• Atlas 2 usage

• @AKED, can you please use your came single continuously as long as you can in different environments like outside, inside house any place humid and see if it any failure(s) occur. Have you noticed any issues with the unit that's different that how you first got it since you've had it for a while now? Thanks

• @HillTop1 What kind of failiours do you mean? I have used it everywhere except of in humidify, because in Germany it is not humid like in the tropics. The gimbal does not behave differently than in the beginning. When you push it to the extreme of the limits and beyond then it beeps and starts to go crazy, but if you stay within the angles of what it is designed for it works great. Is that what you mean? The charging jack mentioned in MikeLinns video above is not present in my gimbal