Personal View site logo
Samsung NX500 4K NX camera
  • 273 Replies sorted by
  • @Isaac_B I feel exactly the same :(.

• Holy cow. I just tried to watch the Camera Store Review that was shot on the NX1. Ugh. They used "Face Detect" auto focus on the NX1 and it is almost not watchable. The focus jumps around and breathes very badly. I haven't gotten much further in the review. Hopefully Jordan will turn the NX1 Face Detection AF off or use a different mode?

NX1_FaceDetect_Breathing_Unwatchable.jpg
    1287 x 754 - 674K
  • @jjj_ri_usa Nice post for the NX1 thread (I agree with you on the effect).

• Yes, my comment was out of place fore this thread. In the review, the Camera Store had many good things to say about the NX500.

• New firmware

Still Photo Enhancements:

• Improvements to the overall Auto Focus:
      • Enhanced AF performance in low light condition
      • Enhanced AF performance in backlit and spot light
      • Enhanced AF performance in the corners when utilizing 16-50mm PZ lens
      • Enhanced Face Detection AF performance
      • Enhanced AF performance in movie mode
    • Added “Zone AF” mode
    • Increased the size of AF to 5 steps in AF “Area Size”
    • Increased the Face Detection Area of the sensor
    • Includes 4 most popular Pro Suggest presets (Cinematic, Memories, Gorgeous night, & High Speed)
    • Added “Selfie as Flipped” mode
      • The image is flipped to capture as in the preview.
    • Improved “Selfie” AF function in Timer mode
    • Continuous AF is default in “Selfie Timer."
    • Simplified EXIF data preview

Video Recording Enhancements:

• Added "Pro" mode in movie quality and increased the bit rates for movie size and quality (up to 70Mbps)
    • Movie Recording Time changed to 25 minutes at FHD 60P/50P
    • Larger sensor read out data size with improved FHD quality up to 60P
    • Remains in Stand By mode after recording
    • "1280x720 (120P)" setting in the Movie Size Menu for easy access
      • Sound recording is available
    • Capture individual 4K frame forward & backward with precision
      • Embedded EXIF data in jpeg
    • Added NEW MF Responsiveness mode
      • Capable of setting to Low, Medium, High focus angle in manual focus mode
  • 4k h265 in 70Mbps???

• 4k h265 in 70Mbps???

Yep

• Amazing! If I understand correctly the video quality exceeds lx100 and maybe gh4?!?

• Now buying G7 is not so obvious like yesterday

2015-06-26 22-50-07 Скриншот экрана.png
    988 x 694 - 99K
  • G7 is slightly different camera and has EVF + mic input. :-)

• Shot in the new Pro mode, UHD:

• @Mark041 pretty sharp on moving foliage.

• NX500 4K moon

• Just bought this camera, when recording video the camera always starts with the automatic focus (CAF), even if I was on MF in picture mode, I have to switch to MF while recording every time, which is really annoying, is this a bug or am I missing something?

• Capturing videos with the NX500 is very easy, and the camera is always ready to capture, no matter what shooting mode you are currently in. Thanks to the dedicated video recording button, just once press will start the camera recording. Video shooting does not have its own position on the mode dial, but there are fully customizable video shooting modes. You can get to them by changing the still image shooting mode to what you want, then pressing the CUSTOM/Delete button. The screen will change to all video capture settings, and offer all the controls available for the shooting mode.

The camera offers several different resolutions and frame rates ranging from full 4K video capture at 24/30fps to lower resolution videos that offer a range of frame rates for different types of video capture. Our sample videos play back smoothly on both the camera and on an HDTV

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/samsung/nx500/samsung-nx500-review.htmlv

• @vasillio

This is that I love Samsung for :-)

• vitaliy, would you get nx500 or G7, if they are the same price. i ordered both, i am coming from GH2, and BMPCC cameras.

• G7 is better suited for shooting video, I think.

But NX500 is amazing little guy.

• im trying to get into 4k, don't care about photo quality, other camera do that better. from everything i've seen samsung has edge on 4k video, but crop on nx500 is bit much, hopefully they can fix in firmware. i heard g7 maxes out 1080p at 28Mbps, i think even hacked GH2 does better than that.