Personal View site logo
25p official topic, aka Don't cry for me Argentina
  • In this topic we'll collect all GH2 25p wishes and cries. :-)

• 236 Replies sorted by
  • Hi Driftwood, is it artefacts on 720p50 or 1080i50?
  • *UPDATED RELEASE* Improved PAL 720p50 and 1080i50 at lower bitrate and an attempt to fix the artefacts.

Nick
    Driftwood GOP1 'SmackMyGOPUp' PAL version2 - setj.zip
    513B
  • @paglez There will be an improved version Im working on. Apparenty the ver 1 has artefacts which im looking into.
  • Thank you very much Driftwood. Eres un monstruo!!!!
  • Here's the 'smackmygopup' patch, version 1, I posted in the Low GOP 2 thread. 720p50 and 1080i50 at GOP1 working. And of course, good 'ol 1080p24 at 176M!
    Driftwood GOP1 'SmackMyGOPUp' PAL Land Fest - setj.zip
    516B
  • 720 not 1080
  • @driftwood
    "Got incredible 50p :-) "

Please driftwood, say something about it!!!!
  • I don't think so…

But good 720p50 can be excellent.
  • Got incredible 50p :-)
  • If the 25p mode of the sensor is missing, what about 50p?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Can you guarantee me that Encoder Settings 1 to 4 for 720p are indeed directed at settings for 720p only? And the defaults for 720p are right?
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev ok. So in theory, all your changes are correct bar the 25 sensor mode simply isnt there... ie taken out / just not possible Panny's end?
  • @driftwood

It changes many things.
    On encoder side it produces good progressive video.
    But sensor mode is 50i, so it shows just half os the frame containing each 2nd line.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev In your 1080 Progressive setting in patches for testers, what exactly have you done - an attempt to fix 25p / a rewritten sensor setup mode?
  • @driftwood aha. is there an ini file for it or how do I make the settings?
  • Yes GOP1 50p and 50i - passed the chart tests I'm just trying to fix 60p (60i is good)
  • bummer. Is there a good and especially stable 50i setting?
  • @kodakmoment it wa a false positive. still working on it. it doesnt look good so far... but you never know...
  • Hi, I've been lurking around the forum a while but never got to hack my gh2 due to the lack of 25p and the bad outlooks for ever getting it. So I just used my gh2 as a photocam for what I like it (mostly for the 4:3 image proportion). From what I gather in driftwood's posts there is an unexpected possibility to get the gh2 to record in 25p? Is there an ini file that could be shared? I am happy to report my results.
  • @cbrandin Hmmm we only see the 25H native hack in GOP1
  • Could someone test something for me. Can you put Encoder Setting 1 720p = 1 and Encoder Setting 2 720p = 1 (I know it sounds odd) and load the firmware. Record a 1080i FSH recording and tell me if its 25p or 25p in a 50 wrapper. thnks
    As in
    GOP 1 25p or 25p in a wrapper.png
    1263 x 675 - 69K
    GOP 12 25p or 25p in a wrapper.png
    1294 x 680 - 86K
    GOP 12 25p or 25p in a wrapper - elecard says this is 25p.png
    1499 x 866 - 270K
  • @Tomaso Of course he isn't going to deny the possibility of 25p; that would hurt sales, as there's still a (probably false) glimmer of hope for having 25p on the GH2. If he denied it flatly, he'd squash that hope.

I reckon that they'll play the "maybe" game long enough to fill the time until the GH3 comes out, which I bet will include 25p from the start. I highly doubt that the GH2 will EVER get 25p for this reason.