Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @tylerknight yes that's GH4 features but i hope Vitaly succeed to make a good hack :-)

• I usually focus manually when I film. With standard canon and other video lenses I was used to turn ccw to focus close and cw to focus infinity. Mounting my panasonic u43 lenses on the black magic pocket camera does the same. Only on gh3 things work reverse and I couldn't find anywhere, in menus, the option to change that, while there is an option to change versus for the shutter and exposure dials. Anyone can tell me if there is an option I didn't find?

• The GH3 is sadly becoming the forgotten camera in the GH series of cameras because of higher expectations from its users. Panasonic quickly released the GH4 and everyone has jumped ship on the GH3 to obtain a GH4, which I agree is well worth the upgrade. The moment the GH3 gets a hack (which I am highly confident it will) we are all going to see users jump right back on to GH3 bandwagon.

• Why are you "highly" confident there will be a GH3 hack? I don't think anyone knows what Vitali's plans are - for sure not me! - and nobody knows what is even possible. Maybe it is not possible to hack the GH3. Note, Vitali has not said anything about hacking the GH3 recently. The GH4 is out and still no GH3 hack. Soon the GH5 and 6 and 7, and when will you give up? Note also, the personal-view website has transitioned from being mostly hack oriented (GH1 & GH2), to something that can sustain itself outside of the hack. The hacks only apply to old legacy cameras like the GH1 & GH2, and you couldn't have an active viable site devoted to only two legacy cameras and with no new hacks, where would the website be? So Vitali has changed the orientation to other things to make the website work. Good for him, and I wish him huge success. But let us not put pressure on him - it may simply not be possible to hack the GH3. Personally, I don't believe we will ever see a GH3 hack, but I guess we'll see... how long are you willing to wait, until you admit "yep, no hack!"?

• @RottenCarcass I am not at all trying to start an argument nor pressure Vitaliy to give us a status on the GH3 hack development. All I was pointing out was just the reality of a great camera that has been overlooked because of its successor and users whos expectation where not met.

• Unfortunately we have never had a hack or patch that added new features to the GH cameras. Vitaliy and others have done a great job in improving the recording codecs and other things such as time limit removal and 3rd party batteries options for the GH 1 & 2. But there has been nothing available with the likes that the folks at Magic Lantern have done. It would be nice to see some of the features people dream about that are available on other Pany cams, but there has been no magic here and it doesn't seem like there will be any in the future for the GH 3 which has been out for almost 2 years now.

• Considering, GH3 hack. I am around 95% sure that we'll have such hack.

All the while we are working to make it possible to save time and make more things in future.

• It s a good news...I m happy to listen that...

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank you for the update, I appreciate that! Also, great news for those of us still holding onto our GH3s!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thank you for updating us.

• How is it possible that with all the information available about hacks on this site, that some people don't have an understanding what the hacks do?

• At last some news on the hack.... any sneak peek on what we could do?

• I was always under the impression that a GH3 hack was not possible. It's still a great camera, I LOVE the image I get from it, and I'm looking forward to any hack coming.

• How foolish of me to post my trailer on here and then return to this page realizing people enjoyed my work!! Thank you so much. @rNeil @Matt_GH2 @surfculture @GlueFactoryBJJ. I greatly appreciate your responses. I've returned to release the latest version of the films trailer now that we have had a smooth festival run and a new EPK. I'll gladly answer any questions, please enjoy the latest version of "Astray." shot entirely on the GH3.

• If you find this interesting you can find out more about "Astray" here: https://www.facebook.com/krompictures?ref_type=bookmark

• @kromanek Looks like a great movie, I really liked the trailer; kudos.

• @kromanek The first bit of the trailer seems ... just, well, there ... and then ... it gets worth attention ... and then it takes attention ... then it commands attention. Nice job, got me interested ... :-)

• Trying something new with a color grade. Ignore some of the sloppy shots, I know they have issues haha, just working on a grade. I dont understand YouTube, the first 10 seconds of my videos are always low res, even if the whole video has previously loaded and been viewed in HD. Bleh.

• NOT MY VIDEO but Borjazz's vimeo user

Camera - Panasonic Lumix GH3
    Lenses - Voigtlander 17.5mm and 25mm
    Video mode - ALL-I 1080p25
    Picture profile - Neutral with set to -5
    Accesories - Fader ND by Light Craft Workshop

• Im so sad that we were never given focus peaking in a firmware update. So sad.

• @joethepro it is what it is.

• I am anxiously awaiting a hack!

• @joethepro can you provide some information about the way you grade, your video is dreamy, very very nice!

• @starios Thanks for the compliment! I was trying something new, but now I dont remember exactly what I did. The main goal when shooting was to preserve all of the cloud highlights so I could gamma-down the shit out of them to give them alot of contrast. In addition to general color correction in Resolve I made a layer node with the second layer B&W. I cant remember which blend mode I used to get this effect, but I dont think it was overlay or screen. I think I used some opacity on the B&W layer too. It got kind of complicated, but I think I saved a powergrade. Boosted local contrast too. I can look at it and explain more. or send it to you, if you want.

• @starios I remember now, it was the multiply blend mode, just FYI.