Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • moon T7 L :)

• Today I have got a malfunction with GH2 (Drewnet T9 hacked). I do not know what this might be! After reincerting the batery it`s all gone and I could shoot an event for 2 hours in a row.

• A little 'on the fly' fun at the park. Spizz T6, 24p, various shutter speeds.

• @Azo i only have a windows computer?...

• @ TATZU

Movist

• On THe Majority Of My CLips Straight Off the Camera With Moont7 The Playback Is Always Laggy like buffering etc. Anybody Know Of A VIdeo PLayer That Can Play These Back In Real Time? I've Tried VLC and WMP

• Andi68, please wich 'cluster x' and lenses are you using on video 'flycam nano...vegas'? Moon? Thanks.

• Thepalalias - thanks again! Regards.

• @paulo It depends on what you are going for.

The Tiffen low contrast filter does what it says it will, but how much you'll like it depends partly on how consistent your lighting will be and how sharp vs. soft you prefer your footage.

If you prefer your footage a little softer, it can definitely help a bit in a lot of lower light situations, provided you have enough light to keep much of the frame properly exposed to begin with. Remember, the filter is spreading light from the brighter parts to the darker parts, so if you're underexposed across the board, you're just going to end up with a poorly defined mess. That probably goes without saying, but I figured it's best to be clear. :)

Anyway, I found that the upper limit of sharpness that could be achieved when using the filters was lower than without them, but that also meant that it was easier to achieve a pleasant softness when called for.

The filters meant that I had to pay more attention to halation, flares and veiling than I did without them but were often quite useful. I found I used them a lot more when shooting people than when just shooting landscapes and exteriors where I wanted more detail.

I hope that helps somewhat.

Here are some screenshots I posted a while back using various Tiffen Ultra Contrast filter options to shoot just a landscape - I'll see if I can find the ones with my face.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/70232#Comment_70232

EDIT: Just found the ones with my face. Please excuse the rapidly changing lighting in them - but they are certainly a good illustration of why you don't always want the sharpest image. ;)

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/62717#Comment_62717

• shamb Thank you so much. But for footagens with low lights? May I use only the 'low contrast filter'? Regards.

• @miked Thanks! I haven't seen them yet, but I guess one or a few of the guys grew up around here. Or maybe people I know, know them from ECU..either way, there's a lot of local love for them.

• shot with my GH2 cluster x

• What do you guys think? I was playing around with a grade and I tried to replicate this scene from Game Of Thrones. The hack was intravenous.

Example.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 282K

• shot with my GH2 boom

• shot with my GH2 moon t7

• Hey Guys Check out my new video that I shot with my GH2 moon t7. Thanks @driftwood :) Pretty Happy with the results.

Used mainly 14-140 and glide cam 2000.

Let me know what you think.

Used Magic Bullet looks and Film convert to colour correct and also did some tweaking in PP.

• @powderbanks I LOVE future islands. They put on an incredible performance live.

Nice video there!

• Best to let VK know via PM, Andy68, AndyVia etc has been banned many times but keeps appearing under new username and posting off topic.

• Seriously, wtf?

• SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 WITH LENS 12X !"!

• @shamb Yea so I guess no steadicam shots unless you're going for that effect that Tiffen gives you! lol But after putting it off for the longest, I'll probably be getting a matte box sooner or later.

• @gardener. Yes, I believe the filter is essentially diffusing the ambient (thus averaging it) and using it to pull up the frame uniformly... so the more light you have hitting the filter, the greater the effect. You've got to shield the filter to control the effect sometimes, as a bright sun whose angle is changing as you shoot causes more problems than it solves :)

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters