Personal View site logo
DaVinci Resolve 11
  • 138 Replies sorted by
  • Anyone have an issue with the retiming points that you can add to clips in the edit window? If I try to drag them or do anything with them, it messes up the whole clip and cuts off the last like 80%. Oh, and then it usually crashes. I thought you could use the spline curves to smooth out transitions in speed changes, but apparently not, seems like thats just for keyframed events?

• It seems some video cards that support earlier versions of resolve do not support 11. I run 10 with no problem. I downloaded 11 and got the no video card error message. I checked with Black Magic and got a new list of drivers needed for 11. The new drivers do not work with my older card. My card is a GT555M 2GB and so far I have not been able to get it to work with 11. I will keep trying.

• Exiting thinks about new color grading features:

• HDR like workflow with color match feature

• Denoise of matte in qualifying tool even for lite version

• Sat vs Sat

• Did anybody found .mts support which is mentioned as "Decoding of Panasonic MTS video" in their feature list. Nothing is shown up in their Manual.

.mts files are still not recognized as media...

• Man I can't try Resolve 11 yet because I'm using a Hackingtosh with OS X 10.7.5 & my Mac Laptop is only 13 inchs. Got soo much on my Hackingtosh right now, don't wanna take that risk and upgrade. Has any body tried it yet? Time to buy a new Hardrive and install OS X 10.9

• @radikalfilm Negative, Resolve 11 is not showing GH2 .mts files. GH4 .mov files opens fine. However, at startup I get error message "Failed to initialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders.", maybe it has something to do with that.

Not sure about that red color thing. It doesn't really ruin the whole image, only bothers little bit in the color passport. Needs more testing. It's pretty easy to fix but would be great to make it automatically perfect.

Overall the color match is pretty amazing, so easy to achieve natural skin tones.

• Found this in the Release notes: "Decoding of Panasonic MTS video"

Can you check mts from hacked GH2 please (assuming you have one). That would be something if it worked, for new projects/simple edits/noVFX Resolve would be a one stop-shop with no upfront transcoding.

• @tonalt keep us updated; I actually bought a color chipchart in anticipation :)

• Something strange with the X-rite color match. Bright red seems odd, like it's too saturated and dark. Footage from GH4 clip. Maybe I just cannot figure out how to use it. Set all settings in Color Match panel to Rec.709.

xrite.jpg
    403 x 457 - 112K
  • DaVinci Resolve 11 Public BETA Ready for Download

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/10

• @tinbeo

Same issue with a late 2013 MBP..I use a little program called "change resolution" that allows to make use of the full 2880 x 1800 (or less, whatever you like)..After that resolve's interface fits properly on the 15" screen

• Same here, but I normally use an external monitor whenever I can.

• @nomad I tried Davincy Resolve latest free version with my Retina MBP middle 2012 , could not adjust window interface right. At starting of DR, editing window was alway smaller than preview window, I had to re size it right, but was not easy. How it was with you?

• Any rumors when version 11 is released? They said it's in June but it's June already ;) And I wonder if X-Rite is supported in the lite version...

• Sure you can work offline/online with Resolve. Just export your XML and modify with the very flexible name replacement functions. You could always do this, even in older versions.

• @kankala, I would expect not, but maybe we'll see this happen since they are trying to make it more of a fleshed out NLE. In general I would regard Resolve as an online tool, though, not a place to do offline edits. I'm getting realtime playback in Resolve of my RAW files from the BMPCC and 5Dmk3, although anything 2K or 4K would be more taxing. But I think the solution there from a Resolve perspective is just to beef up your GPU etc to handle it, not do an offline/online workflow.

• Resolve is a must have, it's free and with a decent graphic card it runs fine. I run Resolve on an old MacPro 2,1 (modified for running osx10.8) and a GTX570, I can work with multiple nodes and render much faster than premiere CC. @ olli66, since i'm working with Resolve i'd never heard about a plugin version…

• FINALLY, ramping for clip speed changes, and spline editor for keyframes! It will be so much easier now to smooth out the ends of a keyframed change!

• Will we be able to work with proxy files for editing (i.e. in the timeline) in Resolve 11, then later re-link to full file for rendering?

Anyone heard anything about it?

• Yes, you are. It never was a plug-in.

• I know it is not easy to handle but I know it installs as a plugin, too. I am pretty sure of that! Am I wrong?

• @olli66 DaVinci Resolve is a stand alone application, not a plug-in. It's not easy to use and really needs a lot of time spent learning it. If you are a colour grading noob I would not go near it!

• Guys, I never found out how to imply the free version of Davinci into Vegas 12 or Premiere Cloud. Old Davinci versions didn't run at all (I have a ATI card and I heard that it was not compatible with Davinci). So I am looking forward to Davinci 11 and another go at setting it up as a plugin for my NLEs... I am a complete noob when it comes to color grading. I shoot music videos/acoustic sessions/concerts with two GH2's, one GH3 and soon the GH4. Plus Gopro, Panasonic HC-X929 and Sony HX20V. This resuklts, of course, in many different looking videos. Would someone help me finding some basic settings for colorgrading and matching these cameras as good as possible? Of course, this wouldn't go unpaid and I can send you the source files for some of my projects...