Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 11
  • 138 Replies sorted by
  • @tinbeo

Same issue with a late 2013 MBP..I use a little program called "change resolution" that allows to make use of the full 2880 x 1800 (or less, whatever you like)..After that resolve's interface fits properly on the 15" screen

• DaVinci Resolve 11 Public BETA Ready for Download

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/10

• Something strange with the X-rite color match. Bright red seems odd, like it's too saturated and dark. Footage from GH4 clip. Maybe I just cannot figure out how to use it. Set all settings in Color Match panel to Rec.709.

xrite.jpg
    403 x 457 - 112K
  • @tonalt keep us updated; I actually bought a color chipchart in anticipation :)

• Found this in the Release notes: "Decoding of Panasonic MTS video"

Can you check mts from hacked GH2 please (assuming you have one). That would be something if it worked, for new projects/simple edits/noVFX Resolve would be a one stop-shop with no upfront transcoding.

• @radikalfilm Negative, Resolve 11 is not showing GH2 .mts files. GH4 .mov files opens fine. However, at startup I get error message "Failed to initialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders.", maybe it has something to do with that.

Not sure about that red color thing. It doesn't really ruin the whole image, only bothers little bit in the color passport. Needs more testing. It's pretty easy to fix but would be great to make it automatically perfect.

Overall the color match is pretty amazing, so easy to achieve natural skin tones.

• Man I can't try Resolve 11 yet because I'm using a Hackingtosh with OS X 10.7.5 & my Mac Laptop is only 13 inchs. Got soo much on my Hackingtosh right now, don't wanna take that risk and upgrade. Has any body tried it yet? Time to buy a new Hardrive and install OS X 10.9

• Did anybody found .mts support which is mentioned as "Decoding of Panasonic MTS video" in their feature list. Nothing is shown up in their Manual.

.mts files are still not recognized as media...

• Exiting thinks about new color grading features:

• HDR like workflow with color match feature

• Denoise of matte in qualifying tool even for lite version

• Sat vs Sat

• It seems some video cards that support earlier versions of resolve do not support 11. I run 10 with no problem. I downloaded 11 and got the no video card error message. I checked with Black Magic and got a new list of drivers needed for 11. The new drivers do not work with my older card. My card is a GT555M 2GB and so far I have not been able to get it to work with 11. I will keep trying.

• Anyone have an issue with the retiming points that you can add to clips in the edit window? If I try to drag them or do anything with them, it messes up the whole clip and cuts off the last like 80%. Oh, and then it usually crashes. I thought you could use the spline curves to smooth out transitions in speed changes, but apparently not, seems like thats just for keyframed events?

• I have issues with the new beta 11, i can't resize the entire software window … for some reasons that I ignore is kinda stuck and to access the edit color and so on, I have to scale my retina display to a higher resolution so the entire software window gets smaller….so i can edit color etc etc.. weird..

• So don't, but why tell everybody? Version 10 didn't quit working…

• @nomad NO WAY! VERSION 10 STILL WORKS?? I HAD NO IDEA!!!

• two quick things about the no cuda video card. If you have onboard graphics plus a video card, you will need to disable the onboard hd 4000 or whatever video.

If your card is not getting recognized get the latest drivers. Make sure you have the latest.

• It seems .mts support doesn't work (yet?). I even downgraded (aka unhacked) my beloved GH2 to no avail.

Nevertheless impressive feature set!

• I just downloaded DaVinci Resolve 11 Lite Beta onto my Macbook Pro Retina 13", and I can't resize the windows sufficiently to even use it. I can enable the window frame, but that just helps resize the full window to fit my screen... I can't adjust the individual areas sufficiently to make them fit and usable.

• Thanks! Did they just release the Lite version today? When they announced Beta 2 last week I went on their site and could only find it for the full version.

• Lite was there from the start, even in beta 1.

• Yeah, I meant the Lite version of beta 2 wasn't there when I first looked for it, which seemed odd.

• Good news. Free NLE for the poor.