Personal View site logo
Special deals: Matteboxes, ND filters, ND holders, follow focuses
  • 233 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev did they sort out a packaging problems ?
    Also can any owner tell me the body is it alu or steel ,the video above says it but i'm not sure (i mean the part between "flags" and filter-holders (usual plastic on other matte boxes)
  • @feha

Many guys here have Cinematics MB.
    It is good stuff.
  • Any one tested Cinematics Matte Box ?
    I'm very interested on this one ?
  • Just found this review of the newest TrusMT FF
    Seams like everything is fixed! (Can't wait to get mine in the mail!)

Thanks VK!

PS: This is not my video, hope no issues with posting.
  • @jaecjaec

TrusMT is not the same as Lanparte.
    It is different MB.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    I tryed, but its hard to pin down the centre of the lens and I thought there must be a white paper somewhere with this kind of information.

And isn't this the right topic? It is related to a post a couple of posts up, because the height of the camera must match the mentioned 85mm standart for matteboxes;-)
  • @Psyco
    How about measuring yourself and use proper topic?
  • Does anybody know the exact centre-of-sensor/lens to bottom-of-GH1 distance?

I was looking around the web, but couldn't find any information. I need it to design my own camera mounting plate.
  • Can anybody confirm if the donut works on the Trusmt matte box?
  • I'm in LA, as well, and I just bought a Trusmt from ebay a few weeks ago. I won the auction on the 9th, and they were on a holiday at the time, but notified me immediately that they would ship on Tuesday the 13th, after their holiday. They said that shipping would take about 3-5 days. It arrived on Friday, the 16th. Pretty fast shipping.
  • I ordered Trust MT's Matte Box and their customer service, quality and shipping speed are great but, considering it ships from China, there is no way you'll get it before Saturday. If you live in LA your best/fastest bet is to go a AbelCine, Film Tools, Sammy's, etc. and dish out top dollar or to order the D-Focus from Jag35, who are based in LA and deliver pretty quick here. I received mine within a couple of days. Works great.
  • It would be nice if there is 3x3 filter holder for the Cinematics matte box. 4x4 is really overkill for most SLR lenses.

But... 3x3 filter would give only 2.1x2.1 size square when it rotates. 4x4 would give 2.8x2.8. For rotating filter, maybe 4x4 makes sense.

Why don't they make circular filter?

Edit: Never mind. It would require 4.3 diameter circular filter to have 3x3 inner square...
  • To those who own Cinematics matte box, what do you think about attaching Zacuto Universal Donut?

This video uses a separate 105mm ring. The Cinematics matte box has built-in ring. Just attach velcro around the inner ring. Then attach the Donut. Good idea? Bad idea?

Besides preventing the light leaking, this trick would extend the matte box further away from a camera body when using a small lens.
  • The distance from the rails to the center of the matte box should be 85mm (industry standard). As far as I know, the TrusMT adheres to that standard. If your camera is higher, you need to lower the camera, it's not TusMT's fault....
  • >I'll have to e-mail TrusMT and see how much this will all run me.

Sorry, what do you mean?

May be it is better to adjust MB height to maximum and get camera base that can be lowered?

Other good idea is to remove battery grip and use larger external battery for powering up (see topics about it).
  • The main issue I'm having is with the mattebox being too low, compared to the height of the lens (on camera + batt grip).

I'll have to e-mail TrusMT and see how much this will all run me.
  • @brandonmrsh

>I'm still having issues with mounting it perfectly onto my camera+batt grip.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean here.

>Looks like this might be my only solution, at the moment

TrusMT make same clamp, btw.
  • Appreciate all of the help. It's now extremely tight!

I'm still having issues with mounting it perfectly onto my camera+batt grip. Any ideas on how to get it so it lines up well? Looks like this might be my only solution, at the moment : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rod-clamp-fr-15mm-Rod-Support-Rail-System-DSLR-Rig-/250868509563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a68edab7b#ht_4991wt_1398
  • Thanks Vitaliy.
    Works perfect!
  • Here is video by TrusMT how to fix most of play:

• @RodCole

Yes, both MBs work with 15mm rails, and all the rigs you can see here in deals, use 15mm rails.
  • Does the Cinematics work with 15mm rails? It wasn't clear from the specs. I already have a lot of 15mm Zacuto rails with my Sniper with Zacuto's Follow Focus.
  • I've also noticed quite a bit of play in the TrusMT Mattebox. I'm pretty sure it's just the fact that it's the way it was designed. While it's attractive, the play in the swing-away is a little bit disconcerting. It's the way the part was milled.
  • @aaronhenderson

Please send TrusMT info about matte box small issue, ok?
  • Here's the ff + mb on my 14-140... exact same configuration works with fd 28 & 50.
    mb-ff-sm.jpg
    968 x 1296 - 255K