Personal View site logo
2014 m43 cameras, including GH5 aka 4K Wizard
  • 237 Replies sorted by
  • I would be surprised if they didn't make a 4K camera, the only question is whether this is it. The XLR breakout box is of course junk unless it is hooked up to a 24 bit ADC, let's hope they at least have a real audio recorder in there instead of the compressed audio we have been seeing lately.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Despite Andrew's interesting behavior and reporting, I know an instance where he was accurate with his reporting with Sony cameras, because I knew about them several months before hand and had already either tested them, or had actual photos sent my way.

As far as this camera goes, I'm pretty sure this is what the GH3 was supposed to be, including the XLR breakout box, but Panasonic was switching department heads at the time and the project got shuffled to the next one.

This isn't speculation, it was hard information that I had while the GH(X) was still in production, test shooting, and floating around my area with no labels on it (well, it had sticky notes on it, but that's it). I wouldn't be surprised if it is exactly as listed, with one or two things left out.

• While this rumor seems logical, and I hope it comes true, so far this is the case of two mirrors facing each other, magnifying back to infinity. One article only references the other. But it's only a matter of time, and whether camera companies can continue to stay afloat in this global meltdown.

• @kellar42

LOL.

Thing is, we are near hot season, and hot season combined with problems with cameras sales.

So, we already saw multiple blogs postings about doubts in m43 future (all in sync, btw).

As for this rumors, wait for at least 1 month before release. This is the time first real(!) sources of rumors sites usually get real information.

I've just ordered a BMPCC, despite BM's imminent death :P

Make sure that it won't die in your hands, as it is so heart breaking. :-)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    They're, for sure, doing it.
    I've just ordered a BMPCC, despite BM's imminent death :P

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev your forum members may never forgive you for being right about this and BlackMagic if it happens that way...at least until GH3 is hacked haha.

• @Renovatio

Calm down. No one will be proving anything, as it is impossible in this area.

Thing that I know is that few guys and some sellers work against m43 with money interest behind it.

About 90% of m43rumors sources is just mid and low level sales/reviews staff, remaining 10% is intentional leaks.

• EosHD maybe not so much but 4/3 Rumors is usually on point, yes.

• @Vitaliy

Well, if you say so, you have to prove your words :-)

Yes, are rumors only, but 43rumors (and eoshd) is always near to reality, i noticed.

• @Flaaandeeers

According to few of my sources it is mostly incorrect rumors. Made with sole purpose to confuse m43 users.

• 422 10 bit would be internal according to Voldemort. Also price is mentioned to be 2999 usd according to him and around 4500 usd (if my conversion maths are quite right) to 43rumors.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One way or the other, it's out of my league :P

• @Renovatio

It is mostly baseless rumors.

Otherwise, to record any output you need recorder :-)

• Just a question: - 4:2:2 10/8bit "output" - Will you need an external recorder to have them?

• @IronFilm

I removed link to Voldemort, as it is really useless fluff, with analysis of rumored specs :-)

• Panasonic GH4

• 16mp
    • 1/8000 shutter
    • 1mil dot OLED screen
    • 21mm OLED viewfinder, 3,000+ dot.
    • Time code
    • 200mbps mp4 All-i/100mbps IPB
    • 4k/30p
    • 4:2:2 10/8bit output
    • 3G-SDI and XLR adaptor (An adaptor that the camera sits on with XLR x2, HD-SDI x4)
    • Price: €2799
  • http://www.43rumors.com/ft4-full-panasonic-gh-4k-camera-specs/

The rumoured specs are out!

Panasonic GH4

• 16mp
    • 1/8000 shutter
    • 1mil dot OLED screen
    • 21mm OLED viewfinder, 3,000+ dot.
    • Time code
    • 200mbps mp4 All-i/100mbps IPB
    • 4k/30p
    • 4:2:2 10/8bit output
    • 3G-SDI and XLR adaptor (An adaptor that the camera sits on with XLR x2, HD-SDI x4)

Price: €2799

My thoughts is "No raw video?" :-/ Oh well.

Am sure this will still turn out to be a very nice camera! Bet it is going to be a very very good successor to the Panasonic AF100?

But it seems for now Blackmagic Design is safe? ;-P

“Coincidently” EOSHD posted about this at the exact same time as 43rumors

He is very positive of it in his coverage, I reckon Canon and their Cinema range ought to be shaking in their boots right now!

• ahhhh.... it is still coming!

https://twitter.com/43rumors/status/392950970667524096 "@dankeeble yes. I removed the post because readers comments where negative on it."

Is on odd reason however I feel to remove it due to "negative" comments?? :-/ I certainly wasn't being negative in my comments on that thread! ;-)

• maybe the FT was preatty low so they erased it! :)

• http://www.43rumors.com/full-new-gh-4k-camera-specs-to-be-posted-at-1400-london-time-today/

What happened to this page.... ?? It was posted earlier today :-/ Then some minutes ago it disappeared! :-(

• I mean the new mac desktop can have up to 3 screens in 4k resolution.... we still have to shoot in 1080? they have to make those 4k camera... I broke my gh2 last week im bummed now... need to get a new device... early 4k? or still 1080? that's the problem.....

• If this camera comes out with some super compress 4.2.0 8 bit codec, then we will know if the reign of stupidity has prevailed. I have been afraid lately that the push to 4k was a marketing ploy. Give to the consumer,prosumer and lower end professional 4k, but not what is more important like choice of high bitrate and at least 10 bit log codec. So that you can differentiate/protect some higher-end models because true pros will know that a high bitrate 10 bit log is much more important than 4k and they will have to fork out for much more.

• Well, i'm afraid it's not a new GH camera, but a new top model, even for price. They say will be much expensive than gh3.

• Soooooo excited, new Panasonic GH camera is coming! Tick tock... am waiting for 2am Auckland time for it to be revealed :-D (2pm London Time, today!)

Will it beat the BMPCC? Who knows, but we can hope! ;-)

But for now I have my Panasonic GH1 as my A cam :-P

http://www.43rumors.com/full-new-gh-4k-camera-specs-to-be-posted-at-1400-london-time-today/

• Today the specs on 43rumors. This site is serious, everytime they say the right thing. So i suppose today we'll know.

The question: if prores and raw.

• Stay tuned for GH 4K~!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions