Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
2014 m43 cameras, including GH5 aka 4K Wizard
  • 237 Replies sorted by
  • @IronFilm yes just a vanilla GH3 with a sticker... We need a real "fake" photo :)

• What doesn't GH4K come out guns blazing balls to the walls RAW 12 bit 422 4K video, wouldn't that just stomp any or all of their competition and make everyone in this hybrid video niche switch to their products? I don't get it.

• which is it 422 or raw?

• @riker - because that would eat into sales of their professional range

• @mrbill I think the potential gains are much higher with such an aggressive strategy.

But such thinking wouldn't fly in a Japanese boardroom.

• I don't get why anyone thinks the GH4K would have to have a different body than the GH3. Canon didn't change the body style for their 4K 1DC version of their DSLR. Who knows if Pany even has to change anything major with the Gh3 in order to enable 4K. I'm sure there is some technical improvements that have to be made, but it may not require a change in the form of the camera in general.

• @Aria

I like the GH3 body. I just hope minor improvements in ergonomics like more comfortable EVF and better button layout. Handgrip could be even larger too. Now it is a bit hard to hold camera steady for a long time.

• GH4K fever is rising with rumors sites recycling always the same shit as new :)

• @Vesku, I think it's probably unlikely they'll increase the size of the GH3 body style in a new GH4K body. As for a more comfortable EVF, I presume you mean the eye cup part? If so that's a user upgradeable part and I can't imagine that's a high priority issue either. Both of these things can be addressed by the user if someone gets creative IMO or you could perhaps create a product that fixes those issues if you believe it's an issue many people find to be similarly impractical.

I think the GH3 form factor is good enough for most and easily enhanced with minimalist rig bits widely available. I'm just curious to see what the final product is really gonna be. We never got the XLR attachment that was rumored for the GH3, so maybe this time they'll do that.

• An XLR attachment-or breakout box--might be handy, but it isn't the same as having XLRs built into the cam body. It is the same as using an adapter.

• @DrDave

The XLR on the C300 is really just a breakout box connected to the handle via fragile cables and that camera is $14k. I personal don't see the big deal as long as it's integrated well.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions