Personal View site logo
US: People in modern economy can live with less money
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • Yes the chart is deceptive since the scale is very blown up. The reality is that median income has always had an oscillatory nature, check the chart history on the link that Vitaliy provided. It is a slightly bigger drop than the past but there is only a few oscillations recorded.

• when you factor in inflation, especially food costs, the hit is even worse.

• That chart looks like a huge drop at first glance, but then one notices it's about six grand a year. Still, it's a hit and worrisome trend.

• @Scot Ah, yes, right, thank you for clarifying. That is much worse. Yikes!

• @JuMo That's household income and now a days that means at least 2 people!

• That's a median of around $26 an hour, working full time - unless I'm a math retard... which is totally possible. I haven't worked in the regular job market for years, but I've worked with broadcasters in the last few years who have payed me day rates as low as $250 a day (often more than 8 hours), which isn't a far stretch from that median, which is just over $200 for exactly 8 hours.

• interesting to compare with cost of living increases, especially gas and insurance prices, and need to factor long-term unemployed

Stock Market rallied to record highs today as Bernanke announces the fed will keep priming the pump

quite weird, that the only people telling the truth about the current state of the depression / oppression in the US are in Russia lately...