Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
US: People in modern economy can live with less money
  • 32 Replies sorted by
  • @_OZ

I want to add that it is not only peak oil, it is also peak of good quality coal (you can go and check how worse coal in China and other big countries became), peak of many other resources. All accompanied by peak of population.

And no, no simple and peaceful solution exit here.

In fact all current elites are doing is buying time for themselfs and their children, as if they tell truth and prospects they won't survive in any place in the world.

• Personal income in the U.S. goes up every year, except in cases of recession (e.g., 2008). And income is far higher than it was at the end of WWII, even if the U.S. share of the world's wealth is about half of what it once was. 90% of the U.S. population no longer shares in the income growth, but the total does grow.

Maybe income is not the best, or even a good or valid, measure of wealth. But we are talking about income distribution, no?

• @jrd

I think you become lost now :-) Spend some time, read and research stuff and return

Do not oppose out of idea to oppose.

• Lost or not, why post a chart on incomes, and then change the subject to oil in the ground? Discussion of wealth without reference to productivity and income gains makes little sense (to the lost, anyway).

• Lost or not, why post a chart on incomes, and then change the subject to oil in the ground?

LOL. I told that you are lost. It is you who start talking about wealth. And I just told you that less real things (energy, products) are being made in US now. And this is real wealth.

Oil is here just because energyis foundation of all human life, movement, food and production.

• If it's your view that median income has declined in the U.S. in the years covered by the chart because of a lack of "real wealth", rather than the shift of existing (and growing) income from one group to another, fine.

I'd just ask you to prove that claim. "LOL" may be sufficient proof in some quarters, but I'm stubborn, as you can see.

• @jrd

I already said, drop idea to opoose to get last word.
    It is information sharing space, not boxer ring. I am ok to hear fully opposed view, but not one made just to oppose.

As for your "prove" things. I did it many times here, just spend your time, not mine.