Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • First time got freeze when shooting HBR with SpizZ T6.

• FilmConvert combined with Moon T7 reeeeeeally comes out looking good. It's by far the best image I've ever produced.

• Yes, sweet combo! Wanna try more!

• @fran

Loved your footage. Hope you don't mind I made a cinemagraph (I'm learning) out of one of your bulls. Still working on smoothing out the loop, but I love this one.

bull.gif
    640 x 360 - 889K
  • Eh @hallvalla, super cool! Use whatever you want! Love the loop!

• @Jim_simon.. Do you convert all footage using Filmconvert before you start editing or do you use it at the end after grading?

• I apply FilmConvert to an Adjustment Layer in Premiere Pro CC after editing is completed.

• @fran There some's very nice camera work in there - kudos. I'm not a bull-fighting man myself, but looking past that, I feel like you captured a lot of drama and weight in the scene.

Anyway, lots of strong aspects. Here are a few that could be improved:

• The sound design (distracting, especially because of excess high frequency material compared to the mood of the music and visuals).
    • The Twixtor: The artifacts were so distracting that it really would have been better to omit it entirely. If you need that sort of slow-motion, you might be better of renting a Sony FS-700.
    • The Grade: Something was a little odd about either the grade or the sharpness when shooting or the combination of the two. There didn't feel like there was enough gradation of color or detail preserved.

What ISO were you shooting at?

• @thepalalias thanks for your works, totally agree. I forgot to say than It was a try, an experiment, no was a payed work, otherwise I would had rent the F700, of course. It was just for fun and totally agree with your inputs. The grade and the sharpen was made with layers in AE, so It should have affect the should movie equal. I Will take a closer look ISO I think between 500 and 800 of I remember For us twixtor makes very distracting artefacts, but these guys jumping even notice ;-) I was experimenting as well how vimeo treats grain from film convert after compresion....try and error to learn. Thanks for your help @thepalalias

• Password: spizz

Another SpizZ T6 test. I´m still satisfied with this patch...

It´s an event in Hamburg this weekend: britishflair.de/British-Flair.html And, of course, with british weather. Untouched footage (no grading...) - just some stabilization in post.

Camera: GH2 (hacked, SpizZ T6, Fader ND) Music: Henry Purcell - Abdelazer Suite II

• @nic2011

as long as you are referring to Spizz T6 posted above by @driftwood it is not stable. driftwood himslef called it "experimental". It's not even 100% stable in 24p mode.

A final - stabilzed - version is in the works. And, yes, it looks damn good!

• @fran, good job.

OT: Poor bull.

• @Manu4Vendetta, at least wasn`t blood in the arena, only a tried bull this time! Thanks!

• Just made a side by side comparison between my all time favourite Sedna A AQ1 vs. Moon T7. The Sedna hack still looks the best to my eyes, more detailed. The test was done in midday, maybe the T7 looks better in low light, will do more tests. I read all the 19 pages on this topic, found only a few post what mentioned it worths to change from Sedna A to T7. I would like to hear your opinion and experience why.

• @JCVD look into the shadows, try higher iso's, general consensus is leaning towards the moon settings but you may also have a point. and last; driftwood could give you a very technical answer on this. it has been a long time had not used Sedna or others, Canis Majoris etc. Moon T5 is also really good.

• Yeah, need more test, thank you for your comment, waiting for more opinion about Sedna users expereince about changing to Moon T7!

• Hmm i switched from intravenus II to Moon 7 suddenly I'm getting the file number number exceeded cannot record error. I'm not even recording long clips. using extreme pro 64gb too.

• Driftwood "Moon T7"

• @Jim_Simon You got any samples to post of MoonT7 with Film Convert? Would like to see what it looks like. Thanks!

• @luekio reformat the card in the cam or in the computer. and try to reset the num count in settings menu maybe this would help

• @T1000

Sample coming soon.

• Any help is very appreciated...I get the "...due to limitation of the card" stop/error message, using a 32gb Extreme Pro 95MB/s card...either when zooming in or if the camera's been shooting for a while. Most often when shooting 720p. Moon t7 set e.

Should I try an earlier version?

• You should use the 64 GB card. The 32 is just not as fast in real world tests, despite the same speed rating.

• Moon Trial 7, Set D. Slow motion parts were 60fps interpreted as 24fps. 1/125 shutter speed for 60fps, 1/40 for 24fps. Sandisk 64GB 45MB/s card. 14-42 Panny kit lens, mostly f5.6-8, Fader variable ND filter. ISO160, some 320.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters