Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • thanks for replies, and true, even in 24L moonT5 looks really nice and no problem in 80% mode

• @binpunkt, you should go back to stock firmware if you want 100% working camera.

• @binpunkt even if you use 24L mode with @driftwood patches you get the best IQ and quantization and don't forget that these are trial settings and should be used with caution for paid job or what ever. and also cluster X series have not reach its compilation as we are still testing them. hard work and patience pays at the end of the day.

• hi i'm new here and just testet MoonT7e and MoonT5 in 80% 24H mode on a sandisk 95mb/s 16gb card. with T7 it stopped after a few seconds, with T5 i was able to record more than 2 minutes until it also stopped because of card write speed. does moon T5 80% H24 work on the sandisk 64gb card? if not, what patch would you recommend as a good allround setting for 24p (i shoot all in 24p) where i would also be able to use the 24H 80% slowmotion? (i remember someone suggested to use 24L in the 80% mode, maybe i dont get something but i wonder what sense it would make to use these super quality driftwoood patches if i go down to 24L anyway?)

• Can someone tell me why use 24p when shooting for screens? I shot on a C300 at 24p and made my final render to 23.976p when submitting to festivals or 25p if sent to Europe. If played on digital projectors and computer screens, should I have stayed at 24p? By the way, there was once and a while a frame adjustment needed when placing the picture and audio on a 23.976p timeline after editing on a 24p timeline. Somewhat of a nuisance but not too terrible that couldn't be fixed.

• What i can say about M7. I have FD lens skandisk 64 95mb extreme pro. M7 flows perfectly, i can play files in camera. I have edited a job in CS6 no problems at all, a bit slower, so i reduced to 1/4 the playback resolution, but everything ok. I recorded an interview and about 3 min the cam spanned and created another file. The only issue that i saw was that when i joined the two files in premiere it seems like it was a couple of frames missing, so it wasnt absolutely continous playback. the audio was pefect because it was recorded with an external device. The image is fantastic, really amazing. i will not change the hack unless something better comes arround. Thanks!

• @jim_simon

@rsquires is right, and then if you throw twixtor in the mix to footage shot with proper slow mo settings, it looks as good as it needs to.

• ...which to my mind is the only legitimate reason for NOT using 24p.

That's because you don't know what you're doing.

• @maddog15 I wonder if its the extra power or extra ram or combo of both, I'm only using 8 gigs. @abolit I'll try some tests with clipwrap too.

• @Jim_Simon have to beg to differ about sports photography. I use 720p 50 and shoot my kids Aussie rules team which has a lot of movement. Usually shoot with a shutter at 200 to give a crisp look to slomo when the 50p is dumped to a 25p timeline. And it looks great. Use the 100-300mm panasonic lense on a tripod with a fluid head. Recently updated to Drewnet 9 and the image quality is stunning.

• @abolit Yep, I've had luck with Clip Wrap rewrapping the MTS file into a ProRes 442H MOV file. Just hated having to create/duplicate yet another huge file on my hard drive so I've continued with the private folder drag and drop method.

• just tried to covert MTS to MOV with ClipWrap. No crashes CS6

• did anyone tried to use avidemux and just copy the streams into another container file?

• @Imaginate I also use Premiere Pro CS6. No problems for me at all with Moon T5 or T7. Even with a multi-cam edit of Moon footage. (Mac Pro, quad core, 3.2 GHz, 32GB of RAM)

NOTE: The one thing I do that some do not is I drop the entire "private" file into PP's project bin. Imports fine after giving the quick error window about all the other files within the packages that PP can't read or doesn't need. (I know some folks on a Mac like to dig through the package contents of the private file to the source MTS files and then drag JUST those in PP. I'm not a gear head enough to know if this makes a difference and why. But as I said no problems aside from the "once in a blue moon" crash everyone seems to have to deal with. (Sorry if gone too far off from the original topic. Perhaps this would be a better covered in a new topic?)

• @Jumo I'm running 10.8.4 on both my 2.53 i5 macbook pro and 21.5" 2.7Ghz i5 imac. I was thinking it might be more related the combo of highbitrate merged clips, I'm syncing an extra 4 audio tracks with the clips... so that might be adding to the already high bitrate. I originally moved to premiere from final cut so I didn't have to transcode but it looks like we might be back to square one. I know I definately don't want to go back to 5.5 there was issues with merged files and the file management is way better with CC.

• @Imaginate

I've not had any issues with bare Moon Trial 7 footage in Premiere Pro CC. However, there are currently some issues with Merged clips in CC7 (regardless of media type).

Give your media a workout before merging, see what happens.

• @cjdincer

I shoot everything at 24p only. This camera is just not well suited to sports, which to my mind is the only legitimate reason for NOT using 24p.

However, I did test iA with Moon Trial 5 and had no issues.

• @Imaginate @abolit Hmmm... I'm wondering if it's possibly a CS6 and CC issue, I'm running 5.5 right now, haven't experienced a single problem like you guys are having... and I've been working with a LOT of T7 footage the last couple of weeks (probably 25-30 hours of it, for varying projects in varying environments). Any luck transcoding to ProRes? MTS files memory leak on my Mac, which compounds the performance issue, and I've found that the Moon series is particularly hard on NLE's (compared to stock GH2 MTS files or Prores transcodes). I still edit native MTS once in a while (depending on the project budget), but in my opinion and for my system, it's ideal to transcode to ProRes. A slight workflow road bump... but I guess all that wonderful data crammed into an aging codec comes at a price!

• Same here. Crash Premiere CS6 on mac OS X 10.7.5 browsing media with clips made by T7 (24P)

• Is anyone else having issues with highbitrate MTS files crashing Premiere CC. I'm currently editing T7 files with 4 merged audio tracks on mac osx on various machines and getting continuous crashes. I wonder if transcoding to prores is the solution. BTW T7 footage is looking great. We are 95% complete on shooting a feature length wilderness adventure film.

• @Driftwood Lastest attempt moon T7: with Toshiba 60W/90R card. This time I used ptool 3.65D just to see if it differs anything. So far 24H works like magic, HBR,FSH,SH modes work. When I dial IA FSH and SH stops after 20-30 secs it says the card speed is not enough ( I respect that). Again I have to thank you and bow to you sir amazing image quality. I plan to use the cam like this for couple days and try ptool 3.66d again.

• MOON T7 Stills for upcoming short: THE SHED

The Shed_1.9.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 900K
    The Shed_1.21.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 877K
    The Shed_1.27.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    The Shed_1.26.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    The Shed_1.36.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 740K
    The Shed_1.56.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1006K
  • Tried Drewnet T9 the whole day after a week with Moon T7. No any issues with Moon T7, but Drewnet T9 doesn't allow playback in camera. The only possible way is to switch off and then on, going directly to the playback. I don't think it's a card issue since no any with Moon T7.

• Same in here, all the test with Moon T7 were rock solid with 64gb card. Just the issue in the 720p playback. No major problems.

Probably very easy to fix by Driftwood.

• @Jim_simon @jumo thanks for your effort. Have you also tested the HBR ,FSH , SH and İA modes as well with your cards?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters