Personal View site logo
Cheap 27" 2560x1440 monitors based on S-IPS panels
  • 163 Replies sorted by
  • @Pavezer I actually don't have one of these bands but it's a Nixeus. Same specs and same glass screen. If I liked it I was going to return it and buy one of these as mine was much more. I have a matte 27" coming in later to compare it to. Like I said, it looks great and really clear but I feel like it's too much at this point in time.

• Also the Spyder 4 Pro does account for ambient light in your workspace and adjusts your monitors saturation and brightness to that.

It is always good to make proper lighting, as all this "adjustment" is not working too well. I suggest to check also calibrator from time to time. And try to use spectrophotometer for calibration instead of cheaper devices.

If these cheap korean displays are tending to have this manner, I might aswell skip them. Anyway, I'd like to hear more comments from these display owners about this issue, so please step in. :)

It is nothing to do with "korean displays", as it is just LG panel. Antilglare displays can be quite different and all affect contrast (and sharpness), not in a good way (it is just physics). So, main idea behind such monitors is that altiglarecan affect image quality in negative way.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev So is the antiglare glare screen different than just standard matte screen? I do see monitors that say antiglare specifically and ones that just say matte.

• @Vitaly_Kiselev. Yes, I know it's not an issue with korean displays, but antiglare vs glass. I think my expression was a bit invalid. I was referring to korean displays which are discussed in this topic and if they are pure glass, I might not be interested in them. And this doesn't have anything to do with panels, but layer front of the panel. And yes, antiglaring layer tames down the contrast and saturation, that's a fact. It sounds bad in paper, but many prefer it to glass, so it's not purely a bad thing (mainly because of taming down the reflections).

Afaik, matte and antiglare means the same, although various techniques are used to have non-reflecting surface.

Main question for me still is that do these displays have any antiglaring layer or just a plain glass?

• @Pavezer Mine is just plain glass. 5thwall just told me they are the same as the new imac screens. I haven't seen the new imacs so I can't confirm that.

• Thanks @vlsharris , I did read from somewhere (can't remember where) that these aren't as bad reflectors as cinema displays/Imacs, but I doubt it was new product owner's selfjustified truth :)

• Well I'll tell yo this, unless you have a perfectly lit room, you'll see everything behind you. Unfortunately for me I do not have a proper place to edit so I can see everything behind me in this monitor, very clearly. I just hooked up a 27" matte monitor that just came in today right next to it and it's night and day with reflections. I guess it all depends on the area you have around you.

• I see some of the companies are offering Matte now. That's a good option.

• @azza_act

Looks same as Korean models. Why you want to get this one especially?

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev 12 month Aus warranty

• @azza_act

You can also check http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/7411/even-cheaper-27-2560x1440-monitors-samsung-pls-panels#Item_1

It seems like most monitors based on Samsung panels have matte versions.