Personal View site logo
Panasonic G6 topic, GH2 replacement camera
  • 1330 Replies sorted by
  • Just my guess, but GH3 owners who shoot with top priority with dynamic range for money probably don't care. Others...well some will rationalize and others might feel sour.

• It now seems that after all the reshuffling of the models and features, Panasonic has finally a better line-up:

GH series: full featured professionel with EVF and newest sensor.

G series: full featured with EVF and last year's sensor.

GF series: entry level compact with last year's sensor.

But where should the GX series be? A full featured professional compact with newest sensor? Would be cool to just have a GH3 (with mic in, headphones out) without the EVF in a compact body.

• If anyone finds a video of the focus peaking in action please do post :)

• Does anyone actually use the iA function? I find it an ugly button. ;-)

• You can set the iA button to only respond to a long press, so it's not a problem. I believe some people posting in GF2 hack topics were stating that they use iA.

• Does anyone actually use the iA function? I find it an ugly button. ;-)

Very many people use iA :-) Plus they are improving it with each generation.

• seems reasonable camera with good features.now all it lacks is proper color. @Vitaliy_Kiselev will camera be available in pink? ;-)

• @hank

It seems like management still resist to make proper camera with proper color. :-)

• @firstbase

It is back of GF6, not G6.

• I wonder if they changed anything else with the electronics or if it's just a GH2 in a new housing?

• @John_Farragut Have no doubt. GX2 will kick ass!!!

• @svart They say that the processsor is new, and faster - the burst modes are faster now, and the ISO limit (for photo) is 25600.

• @svart Prolly out of the box G6 would give better IQ than GH2 in photo and video. Better usability too. But I have no doubt that hacked GH2 would give better 24p. And you know Panasonic hasn't released a firmware for G5 yet. G6 needs a firmware 1.1 to have a chance for hack.

• GH2, or...GH3 replacement camera?

• Anyway why so fast to present new models? Panasonic is not canon...or wasn't, i guess..so, next month gh4? Is it in program some new model in the next future?

• @Renovatio

Anyway why so fast to present new models? Panasonic is not canon...or wasn't, i guess..so, next month gh4?

It absolutely usual release cycle for Panasonic and many other companies. So, nothing is fast here.

• Hy Vitally, i would like you to ask what about the comparison between an Hacked Gh2 and this new G6...somewhere i read the sensor is the same of a Gh3..this is wrong, or not? Thanks so much for the attention

• @mintcheerios at 1.37 you can see the size of the sensor!

• No ETC Mode!

• @fosterchen Yes, the G6 have ETC. From the Panasonic's press release: "The Extra Tele Conversion function virtually extends the zoom range Max.4.8x without deterioration of image quality in smaller resolution."

• I will jump ship from my GH2 when I see 720p 120fps. heck... give me 720p 96fps, and I will give it some serious thought. This seriously seems like huge oversight to me with panasonics new line up. Even if it was limited to 10 or 20 seconds, it would be a huge selling point.

• Does built-in time lapse function imply electronic shutter?

• does it have proper mini jack mic input?

and who the hell comes up with these 'scene mode' names... love these: Sweet Child's Face, Glistening Water, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion