Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2@ Stuttering when panning or with any kind of movement
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • And the answer is almost always...

What are you viewing it on?

A 24p or 25p file being played on a 60hz monitor will always stutter and look strange. Watch it on your TV through HDMI and it'll look fine, or convert it to 30/60p in your editor and it'll look fine.

• hello is it possible to create a codec for PC able to remove this stuttering? instead of trying to make it disappear from the camera. I think this solution is possible using break or a frame can not see why the stuttering?

• As @vicharris once said,

Is it me or does this topic come up every 6 months?

To avoid this Ground Hog Day scenario, could we maybe put the explanation into the FAQ?

• First test by really slowing down your panning...almost ridiculously slow. You may soon realize that the shot also looks way better with this slow pan - particulalry if you're doing narrative film work.

• Maybe 25p and shutter 50 will do better. I have G6 with 50p for panning.

• @Rivo_Kikkul

Ok, thanks Rivo, so what settings should I use for panning?

• 24p on GH2 will always stutter. At first I was really freaked out when I realized it :)

• A faster shutter will make it worse, try 1/40th sec and slow your pan speed down if possible.