Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2@ Stuttering when panning or with any kind of movement
  • 33 Replies sorted by
  • @goanna can we get another brutally simple metaphor for seeing judder when panning with GOP=1 (no P frames) fps=23.976 shutter=1/50. I'm not saying there's nothing to gop>1 P frames that would additionally fuck this issue up. But at the core it is simply people panning too fast and not following the ASC rule book for panning speeds for film@24fps. This comes up in all progressive footage @23.976/24/25p.

• @goanna I'm pretty sure the search function doesn't work in this forum anymore. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with :)

• @radikalfilm

can we get another brutally simple metaphor for seeing judder when panning with GOP=1

H.264

• @goanna I was mocking your mannerism but it's good for the soul you take yourself so seriously. Wait wasn't that H.263 where the problem first appeared? I'm sure H.265 it totally going to fix that for good.

• @jonmarcos

shutter 40. moon t7, stop bitching and work. You don't understand but want better quality!!!!??? That is bitching!!

i do panning, shoulder mount, hand held, tripod and steady cam. I have no shuttering just use the tool right. Know your limits maybe you are getting close to your limits. But i dont think so.

read more, if you are lazy then, go to canon again and stay on that imagery.

• Use shutter 1/25s if you cant stand stuttering :)

• @vicharris

ouch:-)

Ditto:-)

I've no doubt that the Marquis de Sade is alive and well and is designing video codecs