Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Third party batteries
  • 199 Replies sorted by
  • I just bit the bullet and bought a battery from this ebay seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120857078360 who claims his batteries show the battery meter on the camera LCD. I'll keep my fingers crossed and will let you know how it goes.

• I just got my 2 from tianlin2010. They do NOT show the battery level. I sent them a note asking them how they wish to handle this, without me paying return shipping. I will wait for their reply before submitting eBay feedback.

• Thanks Jspatz. This makes me feel uncomfortable about my purchase as well (even if the seller is different). I hope these guys don't start using this trick as a cheap device to fool people into buying their batteries. I think a report to ebay should be done anyway. Paying a return shipping would definitely defeat the purpose of reimbursement. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

• @jspatx, I ordered on January22 from tianlin2010 also, received it Feb,14. Now I got 4 battery showing 1600 mAh at 7.4volt not showing battery level at all. Did he answer your email?

• I got a very apologetic note saying it works for some and not for others. They wanted to know my camera and software version and assured me they wanted to make me happy.

They wrote back suggesting I need 1.1 which I installed and it still does not work. They offered a $5 refund with no need to return the batteries so I accepted their offer.

• @Jspatz That's EXACTLY the move I was expecting of them. (I don't believe for a minute that all depends on the version). It's still a scam!

• Review of Duracelldirect.com batteries!!!

So I received my duracelldirect batteries yesterday in the mail. They came quickly with the standard shipping rate. They were well packed with bubble wrap and foam in. erts. Before ordering these batteries, I contacted them over the phone to confirm that the batteries were decoded and that they would display battery life in the camera. The customer service rep was very kind and assured me that both were true. I then ordered a pair of the batteries.

Upon receiving the batteries, I tested them both in my GH2s (I own two of them). Neither battery displayed the battery life indicator!!! I then changed the firmware in both cameras to 1.1, and still no battery life indicator!

I called their customer service yesterday and explained the situation and they assured me that they were decoded and that they had never heard of my problem before (really?). They were willing to refund my order, but would not cover the shipping costs, claiming it was their company policy. I then asked if it was their company policy to provide the customer misleading information about their products in order to make a sale... she spoke to her supervisor and they were willing to offer me a return shipping label just this one time (as if it was my fault - they refused to accept blame).

In the end, I cannot recommend duracelldirect.com for GH2 batteries as they are not decoded and, compared to other non-decoded batteries available on Amazon and Ebay, are way overpriced. If anyone becomes aware of tried-and-true decoded batteries available for purchase (not the Panasonic batteries as they are WAY overpriced), then please post the details in this topic.

Thanks.

• Once I get mine, if they don't show the batt. level I will report the scam to ebay. I don't care about partial refund. This has to stop.

• @Mike_C I ordered the same battery and if it doesn't work properly I will report it as well, and it seems pretty likely to happen. Look: http://www.ebay.es/itm/7-4V-1400mah-DMW-BLC12-BLC12-Battery-for-Panasonic-DMC-GH2-GH2-Camera-new-/110825305265?pt=AU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories&hash=item19cdb3f4b1 Same battery! Same price, same brand, same capacity... this one doesn't mention a thing about battery level on LCD, coincidence?

• @reprec The seller is timebest2011. Now check out this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120857078360 from where i purchased mine. Same vendor, same page, same battery, but, in my case it did mention of the meter (scroll down). He must have deleted the false claim later on the new page. At this point it's pretty sure we've both been scammed. Like I said. I will report immediately this issue to ebay.

• I know, there was only 1 battery left and I already missed the ones from tianlin2010 (which seemed to work at first) so I had to try these ones... I'm gonna wait to see what happens, HK airmail is way faster than China airmail so probably I will have them here by next week.

• @reprec I don't know what to think about these claimed working batteries. I mean, if this was the case don't you think there would be more and more people buying them and confirming they show the meter? Hmmm .....

• @Mike_C Exactly. I wonder why the last message from @Vitaliy_Kiselev in this thread has been completely ignored.

• @DrDave I bought this two batteries 1600 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-DSTE-1600mAh-DMW-BLC12-BLC12-Battery-Panasonic-DMC-GH2-GH2-Free-shipping-/280798897859?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item4160eb26c3#ht_1938wt_1163

Unfortunately it's not decoded and battery's level is not seen. yes, the seller's name is tianlin2010

• That is so rotten. File a paypal dispute to get your money back and leave some FB.

• That sellers answer "update" :)) version 1.0 it will show battery level after I told him using V1.1 firmware with my camera. He also offer $5 refund or Return to him to get money back. What can we do to dispute with eBay get back money without sent those " lie " battery back to Taiwan?

• @tinbeo Consider those 5$ as the "price of your silence". I won't accept any compromise. I will report these f.... people to ebay. Period. The more we are the stronger our voice will be.

• @tinbeo: please check if it is true :) just use old firmware, its simple. just use ptool to apply any of the hacks and you are back on 1.0 - i can imagine that it is true, please find out! :)

• @fatpig

Read the earlier posts... It's already been tried.

• I was in the hack and already tried it. After reading " They wrote back suggesting I need 1.1 which I installed and it still does not work. They offered a $5 refund with no need to return the batteries so I accepted their offer." from Jspatz in previous post. I changed back to V1.1 and tried again, it won't work either. I wish I could echo his name tianlin2010 like linbadttery echoed to Linsanity from NBA. hehhe . By the way is that just simple by copying the original leaked V10__bin to Gh2 and push the play button to go back to original v1.0 firmware?

• Well I just got my 3 DSTE 1600mAh batteries from tianlin2010...none of them show the battery level, and none of them can be charged. Fucking ripoff.

• @Steven Don't bother to contact the scumbag. Just write a report to Ebay.

• Can someone try if with the new Ptool magically the batteries shows level? Have to buy some..